Ladies Rolex vs Omega vs Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies Rolex vs Omega vs Tag

Hi, I am a new member hence please accept my apologies if this is a common topic and boring to you all. I am thinking of buying a watch for my wife. The real objective is to have something which when she passes away, my 14 yr old daugther can continue to wear and be proud to say that it her mother's! My budget is 6-7k. I have seen very nice Tag ladies with diamonds for that price. I have seen a fairly beautiful Omega about that range. I have learnt that with that budget, I will get the most basic ladies Rolex watch. We also want to get a watch which will be of value as time goes by. Really appreciate your advice since you all are the Rolex experts. Thanks much.

I would go with

Rolex........not only because the brand has stood the test of time but i feel that the omega watches for ladies might not be an ICON many years down the road.

As for ROLEX, it's design has little or no change over the many decades....thus the design would be ever lasting......Just like if you had bought a Porsche 911 back in the 60's......i sure wouldn't mind driving that same 60's model now.

Good luck in your decision, no matter wat watch u buy....I am sure your wife would like it and that if someday your Daughter is going to wear it, she will be thinking of the both of you.

Cheers

Comment

I second what watchfreak said. ROLEX is PERPETUAL !
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The answer is clear bro... ROLEX!!!
        Other than Patek, I can't think of another brand beside rolex to 'hand down to the younger generation!'
        A ladies DJ or boy size will be perfect for your budget!( may need to top a bit more if u're considering brand new.)
        Good luck bro!
        [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
        Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
          Hi, I am a new member hence please accept my apologies if this is a common topic and boring to you all. I am thinking of buying a watch for my wife. The real objective is to have something which when she passes away, my 14 yr old daugther can continue to wear and be proud to say that it her mother's! My budget is 6-7k. I have seen very nice Tag ladies with diamonds for that price. I have seen a fairly beautiful Omega about that range. I have learnt that with that budget, I will get the most basic ladies Rolex watch. We also want to get a watch which will be of value as time goes by. Really appreciate your advice since you all are the Rolex experts. Thanks much.
          Firstly...WELCOME!! Well,I dun mind common topics...ask long as I can reply I m more than happy to.

Ahh..I remember one of the members here also did wad u want to do...haha...buy a watch for wifey and leave for daughter..

Anyway...back to your question. Well,a nice Tag Ladies costs less than 3k though. The F1 series.

For long term to keep,Rolex would be the ultimate choice,for 6-7 you are not really getting the most basic ladies Rolex. I think the Ladies SS Datejust would be around that range and hey...it's not basic man,I would consider it mid range. For resale value,nothing beats a Rolex.

For NOT-SO-LONG term....you can get Tag F1 diamond bezel/dial. It's priced at below 3k. BUT! Tag resale doesn't really hold very well, and probably 3-5 years down the road it's like "OUTDATED" already. Of course there would be some value thanks to the diamonds,but you MIGHT feel the design outdated. But of course,it would be a good dress watch,nice watch and lasting also.

Dun bother thinking about Omega....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi, welcome. no topic is too boring cos the bros here will certainly help whenever they can to ease the dilemma especially in the choice of a watch. Regarding the 3 brands u r considering and with ur budget, I would strongly suggest u get a Rolex for ur wife. 6-7K can easily get u a brand new Rolex SS Datejust and I do believe the Datejust design as well as its movement will stand the test of time when it is eventually pass to ur daughter as it was intended.
            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
              Hi, welcome. no topic is too boring cos the bros here will certainly help whenever they can to ease the dilemma especially in the choice of a watch. Regarding the 3 brands u r considering and with ur budget, I would strongly suggest u get a Rolex for ur wife. 6-7K can easily get u a brand new Rolex SS Datejust and I do believe the Datejust design as well as its movement will stand the test of time when it is eventually pass to ur daughter as it was intended.
              agree....go for rollie...forget abt the rest...
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I think our fellow bros have answered your question.

BUY ROLEX!

But I am wondering why the objective of buying a watch for your wife is to pass it on to your daughter when she pass away??? You should get something she really like and she will enjoy wearing it everyday.... As for your daughter, I think no matter what kind of watch you and your wife pass down to her, she will cherish it...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  I think our fellow bros have answered your question.

BUY ROLEX!

But I am wondering why the objective of buying a watch for your wife is to pass it on to your daughter when she pass away??? You should get something she really like and she will enjoy wearing it everyday.... As for your daughter, I think no matter what kind of watch you and your wife pass down to her, she will cherish it...

Hahaha...totally...

Hmm...probably he wants something that can last that long and is still valuable in terms of monetary and sentimental value

Comment

in a rolex forum, the choice is clear. ROLEX.

since your objective is to pass from one generation to the next, other than a patek, rolex is a good choice.

between rolex, omega and tag, the brand that has retain its value through the years all these while has been rolex. will it contain for another generation? no one know for sure.

with a budget of ~7k, i think all 3 brands u mentioned has models to suit your budget. most important, your wife must like the watch you getting for her.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks you all! Really helpful to hear your perspectives. I am now convinced that I should buy a Rolex. All these posts on second hand Rolexes, any of you have actually bought it that way? With regards to authenticating at Rolex Center, has the world of fake watches reached a stage that even the Authenticator cant tell the difference??!!

Comment

Thanks you all! Really helpful to hear your perspectives. I am now convinced that I should buy a Rolex. All these posts on second hand Rolexes, any of you have actually bought it that way? With regards to authenticating at Rolex Center, has the world of fake watches reached a stage that even the Authenticator cant tell the difference??!!
                        Bought it which way? All my Rolexes are preowned haha...I m gd with it.

Ok Jim...you are the perfect person to read my post which I just posted...

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=3085&page=2

Comment

Reading it now! Thx. I have been reading other threads that say that I can get a TT, DJ with diamond dial for ladies at 6-7k. This was last year. Still true?

Comment

OK just read the very helpful thread. Thanks. You seem like an expert from the post! Any suggestion on what to get for 6-7K for a ladies second hand rolex?

Comment

Reading it now! Thx. I have been reading other threads that say that I can get a TT, DJ with diamond dial for ladies at 6-7k. This was last year. Still true?
                              Preowned should not be a problem I suppose....brand new not possible.

OK just read the very helpful thread. Thanks. You seem like an expert from the post! Any suggestion on what to get for 6-7K for a ladies second hand rolex?
                              No la....not expert..just a small fry with limited knowledge...but I m more than happy to share with everyone hehe

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X