Getting my 1st M DJ Rollie, need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my 1st M DJ Rollie, need advise

I need some advise from the experience owner here. I am intending to get a preowned boysize, TT DJ w diamond marker. What price range should I be looking at? Watches in the 90s and those under 6 years?

Is it true that Boysize have lower resale value than ladies? There's demand for SS, therefore SS is more expensive than TT?

Any reliable shop that I can go get a preowned?

Your help is much needed and appreciated.

Originally posted by airbud View Post
    I need some advise from the experience owner here. I am intending to get a preowned boysize, TT DJ w diamond marker. What price range should I be looking at? Watches in the 90s and those under 6 years?

Is it true that Boysize have lower resale value than ladies? There's demand for SS, therefore SS is more expensive than TT?

Hi there, welcome!
    It is true tat boy size have naturally lower resale value.
    According to the SE i spoke to the other day, SS is more popular amond the younger generation, so more sought after, but to say SS is more ex TT i really dun know.
    You may wanna KOH WATCHES at People's park complex for pre-owned.
    Look for DARREN, really nice chap! (his sister's pretty too!)
    But try not to buy from PengKwee ya. (chop-head prices!)
    Hope this helps and looking forward to your purchase soon!
    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I had gone to Koh Watches. Had some hiccups since it's 1st shop I went to when I was around that area. Without doing any homework and not knowing the demand and pricing of these watches I bargain at a price which seem reasonable thinking ladies size value.

I went back another time and ask if he can further reduce but it end up looking like I'm haggling for the price. I start out on a wrong foot and hope to prevent same incident and that's when my fren told me to check out this forum. I wasn't even quite sure I want grey or white dial, plain or computer face etc. They didnt look like they want to show me other watches coz all they say is price higher than the one I 1st bargain for.

Since there's quite a fair bit of good feedback on this shop, I am wondering if I am getting a fair deal oredi or they simply refuse to reduce due to the bargain hiccups.

It would be helpful if I know at least the range, so I know if I can buy or not buy.

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
        Hi there, welcome!
        It is true tat boy size have naturally lower resale value.
        According to the SE i spoke to the other day, SS is more popular amond the younger generation, so more sought after, but to say SS is more ex TT i really dun know.
        You may wanna KOH WATCHES at People's park complex for pre-owned.
        Look for DARREN, really nice chap! (his sister's pretty too!)
        But try not to buy from PengKwee ya. (chop-head prices!)
        Hope this helps and looking forward to your purchase soon!
        Yes totally agreed.

Ever went to visited a few preowned watch shops in Chinatown and indeed Koh Watches had given me the best quoted price and NO hard selling also.

Recommended

Comment

I second KOH Watches .
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thank guys for the replies. I am like having a crash course zurfing thru the pages here. Seems to find someone put the price for the type of watch I want around SGD3.5k in FAQ. serve well as a guide but reality is, I wasn't quoted this price but more.

I agreed that Darren and wife is friendly and had told me I could go around sourcing and if I am keen, I can go back to get the watch at the price they had offered me.

Comment

Under 6 years would be more expensive than the 90s. Difference should be ard a few hundred depending on the condition,box and papers.

Something like that. SS is NOT more expensive than TT...at the most it's the same price.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I didnt do my homework so kenna smoke. Was told SS in demand therefore more ex.

Comment

I didnt do my homework so kenna smoke. Was told SS in demand therefore more ex.
                  Yes SS is in demand...but the ONLY exception is the Daytona which SS more ex than TT. For any other model..nope

Comment

The range you should be looking at for a 6yrs old tt DJ with diamod dial is around 4.8k. Plus box will set you back another $200 i think.. My rough estimation lah hor.. If it's fitted with a newer hidden clasp bracelet will definitely cost more!
                    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

I dun mind a 6yrs or a 10yrs if the price is right and within my budget.

Any other recommendation other than Koh?

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                        The range you should be looking at for a 6yrs old tt DJ with diamod dial is around 4.8k. Plus box will set you back another $200 i think.. My rough estimation lah hor.. If it's fitted with a newer hidden clasp bracelet will definitely cost more!
                        OH yeah it's boysize...that's why I wondering why 4.8 haha..The normal size 1 is 5.5k haha.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X