Any Love for the New Air King?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Love for the New Air King?

I just saw them today! Price quoted to me was around 4700.
    The SA said they are new and just released a few months ago.
    They are now COSC too.
    I saw the white and champagne face ones. Didn't see the blue concentric versions.

The name used to puzzle me, like what's an Air King? It sounds almost derogatory, like some army speak (Lobo King). Its chinese name sounds better: kong zhong ba wang: 空中霸王. I believe it was meant for the pilots in the second World War rite?

Its not a watch that's often discussed. Pple snubbed it as the entry level Rolex for wannabes, or the "bottom of the range". What do you think? Any love for it?

Anyone knows when the blue faced concentric one will be here?

Which one do u like? The blue faced concentric (too kiddy)? or the clean cut white faced?

Pictures from www.rolex.com
    airking1.jpg

airking2.jpg

airking3.jpg
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

To be frank... it dosent really appeal to me leh... but if i had to choose.. i would choose the last 1... (the white face dial)...
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

the new case is nice.....the bracelet is a great improvement.......many many more dial options.......if one likes 34 mm it's a good choice......

overall it's a nice watch.....
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

But will u consider buying it, mr ohlins?
        Last edited by Bluedevil; 23-08-07, 01:31 AM.
        Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

not for me cos i feel that 34 mm is abit small but it's perfect for ladies ....

i really like the bracelet very much........all solid links.......all brushed finish.....and sandblasted inner clasp............
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I like the middle design. But the 34mm size is a bit small for me that's why I haven't bought any.

Look in the vintage subforum. I posted some information about the "Air" series.

Originally, there was the Air King, Air Tiger, Air Lion ... Hans Wilsdorf's way of paying tribute to the pilots from the Battle of Britain.

Only the Air King line still exists.

Sometimes you find the Air Tiger or Lion vintage pieces in Tudor.
            If you find these in Rolex, they are very pricey.

Comment

The blue dial one looks cool
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I also saw one in white face with pink luminova, another with blue luminova. And one in salmon pink dial.
                Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                  I like the middle design. But the 34mm size is a bit small for me that's why I haven't bought any.

Look in the vintage subforum. I posted some information about the "Air" series.
                  Sorry sorry should have done a search b4 post! Saw that u posted about this new series a while ago already. Merge thread?
                  Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Also found this about the Air King from the same website i previously posted.

Snapped from http://www.men.style.com/gq/features...d=content_5656

airking.jpg
                    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

i tik i will get the white dail one. Btw is this the cheapest 1 among rolex?
                      Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Blue Concentric

Hi saw the blue concentric version at Watch Palace,was on display outside the entrance. But the price quoted was higher at above $4.8k, abt 16% for CC, 17% for cash. Where did u get such discount?

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                        I just saw them today! Price quoted to me was around 4700.
                        The SA said they are new and just released a few months ago.
                        They are now COSC too.
                        I saw the white and champagne face ones. Didn't see the blue concentric versions.

The name used to puzzle me, like what's an Air King? It sounds almost derogatory, like some army speak (Lobo King). Its chinese name sounds better: kong zhong ba wang: 空中霸王. I believe it was meant for the pilots in the second World War rite?

Its not a watch that's often discussed. Pple snubbed it as the entry level Rolex for wannabes, or the "bottom of the range". What do you think? Any love for it?

Anyone knows when the blue faced concentric one will be here?

Which one do u like? The blue faced concentric (too kiddy)? or the clean cut white faced?

Pictures from www.rolex.com
                        [ATTACH]100[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]101[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]102[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
                          i tik i will get the white dail one. Btw is this the cheapest 1 among rolex?
                          Cheap is a bad word. "Economical" sounds better ... Yes. I think AK is one of the most economical watch in the ROLEX market today
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            Cheap is a bad word. "Economical" sounds better ... Yes. I think AK is one of the most economical watch in the ROLEX market today
                            AGREED! Cheap should not be the word to use...COST EFFECTIVE also can..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              AGREED! Cheap should not be the word to use...COST EFFECTIVE also can..
                              Wow, u all the "ANG MO" so CHIM!

btw anyone here owns a AK?
                              Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop