Advisory : which country to buy Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HK, followed by Singapore

Lobang (i.e. source of AD and relationship with SE) does play a part, of course.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Good discount varies from AD to AD. Most of the time, it's your luck who you meet. For the price of $5.2K, what's the discount given?
      15% only

i expect $4.9-5k as my friend purchase the same model from the hour glass during july at $4.7k

Comment

Unfortunately for watches, you can't really make such a comparison. Why?

Price of watches appreciates periodically and discounts given varies from person to person. If you may already know, ROLEX prices increased recently in early October 2010. This could have directly affected the price you may be getting now. Furthermore, discounts are also affected by the mode of payment, ie cash = higher discount, etc.

At this moment, 15% is the 'better' norm for the discount rate. Any higher, you may have to go thru' some 'closer' contacts/recommendations. So far from my reading here and outside, the highest I came across for ROLEX classic models was 18% at best.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks for the detailed explanation

hope to get good news from the other forum member

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            HK, followed by Singapore

Lobang (i.e. source of AD and relationship with SE) does play a part, of course.
            I was told that some hongki came to sg to buy rolex.... I know that in hk, those model with gold tend to be more ex... Nay1 here can clarified??
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
              I was told that some hongki came to sg to buy rolex.... I know that in hk, those model with gold tend to be more ex... Nay1 here can clarified??
              That is because HK is standard 8% discount for all models (SS to TT to all colours of gold). Singapore gives more discount for gold models.

Comment

Swiss is definitely not good. I think HK & Singapore are not bad. Too bad need to pay 7% GST.

Comment

On the contrary, i believe swiss is good for sports model as in singapore theres limited discount for sports model. ALso it depends largely on the exchange rate.

When I was in Switzerland, I came across a daytona selling at 11 + to 12 k after conversion!

Also, GMTC was approx 8600 after the rebates and conversion. My explorer II was about 7.1k which makes it roughly 15% discount.

However, I must also state that the time I was there, sing to swis conversion was 1:1.25. During Euro crisis.

I guess timing is also of the essence. Just a thought.
                  Currently own:
                  Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
                  Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
                  Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                  Seiko SNZG15K1
                  Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
                  Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
                  Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
                  Omega Seamaster 2254.50
                  Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)