Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Dweller vs Submariner

Hi All,

I found something interesting between Sea Dweller and Submariner. I have owned both M-series Sea Dweller and Z-series Submariner. I was trying to put the Submariner bezel protector (the round plastic ring) onto the Sea Dweller. Surprisingly, it does not fit! I thought both Sea Dweller has same 40 mm diameter with Submariner, but why the bezel protector from Submariner does not fit the Sea Dweller? I even tried the other bezel protector from my M-series GMT-Master II onto the Sea Dweller, it does not fit as well.

Has any of you ever tried it? Are Sea Dweller and Submariner really different, apart from the helium valve, thicker case and no-cyclops sapphire glass. Could anyone describe more differences between these 2 models?

diff price...

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
      Are Sea Dweller and Submariner really different, apart from the helium valve, thicker case and no-cyclops sapphire glass. Could anyone describe more differences between these 2 models?
      as you well found out from your little experiment, and judging from the lack of responses to your thread... YES, THE TWO WATCHES ARE REALLY DIFFERENT! (at least on the outside)

other than the HE valve, a few MM thicker due to case, caseback and crystal (no cyclops as you pointed out)... and naturally the SD is heavier.

the dial of both watches are ALSO differently sized (1-2mm difference).

the SD is rated to greater depth, has an engraved caseback, comes with a toolkit, thicker bezel (tada!), and different oyster bracelet (93160 i think, without half-link).
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

have fun reading the info from this link

http://bjsonline.com/watches/articles/0005.shtml
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thanks guys! You all have been very helpful. I am convinced with the differences between my SD and Sub.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X