No announcement yet.

Let talk, SD or SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like the SD more than the SS Sub date, SD is one and only , Rolex don't make any TT SD unlike Sub, that makes the SD special.

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      Buy all 3. Of course not together la. Buy the SS, then the LV, then the TT
      hmmmmmmm

i would have thought to get the LV, SS then the TT

what say you?
      SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
        hmmmmmmm

i would have thought to get the LV, SS then the TT

what say you?
        LV? Then you just miss a great chance. I just sold one BNIB piece to myself few days ago
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I agreed with bro feudallordcult's views. I juz can't justify paying more for a 16610 when a 16600 IMO is a better watch in terms of functions. Though its not that I would be needing these functions such as having an increased crystal & caseback thickness, a helium escape valve for saturation diving, or I would actually be diving to 4000ft for that matter, but it is just the idea that an SD would probably be able to take more water abuse than a SubDate that I think in itself tips the cost/benefits ratio over the SubDate. The SS SubDate is a very popular watch and IMO is the most identifiable Rolex watch, but having saying that, the drawback of this is that it is way too common and u will probably see it on someone's wrist often whereas SD is more exclusive in the wild and that is IMO is a plus. As for resale value, I think SD is a notch ahead since it is to be discontinued. Though its just speculations, but if one is to consider the demand/supply factors, I would suspect that Rolex probably produced more SS SubDate than SD.

On a sidenote, I do have a complaint on the SD and that it is top heavy . So the SS SubDate is definitely more comfortable as compared to the SD.

Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
          I like both... if tonite strike 4D will get a sub.. If kana 1st prize will get sub n GMT IIc.. Hahahaha
          mai dream lar .. dun forget your target is the ToTo draw on every Mon and Thurs lar .. Anyway, I think u rich enuf lar, so give others a chance on such windfall lar .
          Last edited by Taurus75; 18-05-08, 12:58 PM.
          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Submariner was introduced in Basel 1954, and despite what is stated as the official waterproof guarantee, in 1953, it survived a deep sea exploration of up to 3150 metres and in 1960, it survived 10,916 metres. All these while attached to the OUTSIDE of the vessel!!

Sea Dweller, which began life as a converted Sub, was born in 1971... I must say that it has a much more impressive technology in it, in the gas valve.

But to me the Submariner is my choice.. a true classic and the 'father' of the Sea Dweller!
            In The Bag
            Him
            Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
            Her
            Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
            Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

so at the price of 7k reduced from 8191 compared to subbie's no discount of 7931, the choice was extremely clear to see. many of my firends told me that subbie resale would be higher which i agreed but if i am NEVER flipping this seamonster then wherein lies the resale?

I will get a subbie soon but it would def be an LV. A DS is also in sight but not in this decade for sure.

As for SD, it will always be the centre piece of very humble watch collection.[/QUOTE]

Is that price for a 2nd hand SD or Brand new?

Comment

Originally posted by jubilong View Post
                so at the price of 7k reduced from 8191 compared to subbie's no discount of 7931, the choice was extremely clear to see. many of my firends told me that subbie resale would be higher which i agreed but if i am NEVER flipping this seamonster then wherein lies the resale?

I will get a subbie soon but it would def be an LV. A DS is also in sight but not in this decade for sure.

As for SD, it will always be the centre piece of very humble watch collection.

Is that price for a 2nd hand SD or Brand new?[/QUOTE]

I believe u are quoting bro feudallordcult's earleir post and I think that he bought his SD brand new at the old retail price of 7k after discount. But that was before the price hikes.. right now, local AD would be be reluctant to offer discount for the SD and its unlikely u will find one brand new at that price point locally.
                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                  Is that price for a 2nd hand SD or Brand new?
                  I believe u are quoting bro feudallordcult's earleir post and I think that he bought his SD brand new at the old retail price of 7k after discount. But that was before the price hikes.. right now, local AD would be be reluctant to offer discount for the SD and its unlikely u will find one brand new at that price point locally. [/QUOTE]

ok thanks

Comment

I think with the way seadweller pieces are moving in and out of the market place, getting one no matter what the price would be considered good as long as you are happy wth the price and what you get from it.....

Subdate will always command a certain retail value in the preowned market and will do so for a long time to come....

I believe this is why i want the subdate also....hahaha
                    SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Got a call from my AD last Friday saying my SD has arrived, my second SD (sold my first).
                      According to my AD, she was given the last 2 pieces after which there will not be any old version coming in.
                      A very beautiful piece indeed, still curious why I parted with my first, strange but it thought me an important lesson.
                      The Deepsea SD is nice too, only complain is the thickness & of course the price.

Comment

Would you swap a 98% 'Z' series SD complete with everything for a similarly rated SS GMT IIC? Basically a direct swap; a 16600 for a 116710?

Thanks!

Comment

Sub & SD

I like sub ad I just saw SD in a shop yesterday, now I also like SD...I always like sport model & it fit any dressing always, dont know why...maybe keep both is a good idea?
                          past collection
                          Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                          Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Originally posted by waypoint View Post
                            Would you swap a 98% 'Z' series SD complete with everything for a similarly rated SS GMT IIC? Basically a direct swap; a 16600 for a 116710?

Thanks!
                            With no cost incurred, yes I would.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by waypoint View Post

Thanks!
                              Of cos. Selling price of ss gmtiic is higher than sd
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X