Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let talk, SD or SD

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Prob been argued upon by many and will never be an end but i wanna know what this forum members think..

The 2 SD is Seadweller and Submariner SubDate (16600 and 16610)

Lets talk about them and tell me which one you prefer.
    Lets not factor the fact that the Seadweller is discon soon but rather as a model aspect/view?
    **lets assume the SD is not going to discon

You can factor in aesthetics or the specs or anything you want.

The Submariner has always one for the main Faces for Rolex watches.
    But the seadweller has its own group of supporters

Which one will you choose and why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Me? If i had to go for one, it would be the SD as when i wanted one, i loved the whole sub and then i learnt about the SD and i wanted for like forever..

As for the sub, i still want one and will prob get the LV if i can
    SRC is bad dealer !

Sea Dweller is one of the most ruggard Rolex watches ever made. It's probably the only Rolex that has a date but has no cylop. Apart from this, the Dweller can go deeper.

The Sub Date is popular because it has a long history. Against the face of war with the rapid development of other dive watches, the Sub Date has remained sought after. And this is not just happening in Asia, but worldwide. Introduced since 1953, the Sub Date has been in production for more than 55 years, and the design has had little change so far.

I love cylops as it's the unique feature for Rolex, so unequivocally, I'm a fan of the Sub Date!
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I own both a Sub-Date and a SD and I personally prefer the SD a little more as it is a little less uncommon than the Sub-Date and the absence of the cyclop makes the date more readable ...
      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
        the absence of the cyclop makes the date more readable ...
        think a bit far ahead, one day everyone will be getting old, cyclop could be helpful
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

so glad someone brought this up

i'll be honest, if the subbie weighed as hefty as the SD, I would hv taken the plunge for the subbie anytime. I have actually contemplated for abt some 12-18months deciding between the two.

price was also another factor to consider. I just could not comprehend how a watch like SD could be bought at a greater discount than a subbie. the SD could go much deeper, it's mass of 147g compared to subbie's 135g may not be noticeable but IMHO, the cyclops on the subbie just doesn't work it for me.

so at the price of 7k reduced from 8191 compared to subbie's no discount of 7931, the choice was extremely clear to see. many of my firends told me that subbie resale would be higher which i agreed but if i am NEVER flipping this seamonster then wherein lies the resale?

I will get a subbie soon but it would def be an LV. A DS is also in sight but not in this decade for sure.

As for SD, it will always be the centre piece of very humble watch collection.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

I love Sub!!! Just love it...

Comment

That day walked past City Chain. Nowadays Cyma oso came out with watches with cyclop. A look-alike to the Black dial explorer with its seconds hand in red!

Comment

I love my SD....

1st Rollie - SD Y series
                1st Panerai - PAM 111 I series

Wishlist
                1. SS Daytona Black Dial
                2. Half Gold GMT IIc Black Dial

3. Pam 005

Comment

I went to shopping yesterday.

Within 1 hour, I saw 2 persons wearing a Sub Date,

see how popular they are

I give my vote to Sub Date, cheers

Comment

I like both... if tonite strike 4D will get a sub.. If kana 1st prize will get sub n GMT IIc.. Hahahaha
                    Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

right now I've the SS Sub Date & the TT Blue Sub, sold my SD lately, how foolish, but yesterday just made resevation for so claim last two SD in the AD coming in iabout two weeks time.
                      they are both nice watch, so iconic, can't afford not to have either

Comment

It seems that the SD and Sub have their fair share of pros and advantages over the other (plus their own fan base) ...

Personally like i said before i love the way the SD looks but the Sub is also in my wishlist ..

Which Sub is more iconic over the rest and worthy of a one Sub wrist..?

SS
                        TT
                        LV
                        SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Of course it's the SS one. But the LV one has a maxi dial which the rest doesnt have and the TT has a blue dial which looks nice too

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            Of course it's the SS one. But the LV one has a maxi dial which the rest doesnt have and the TT has a blue dial which looks nice too
                            haha... that makes choosing a ONE sub even more harder...
                            SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by seadweller View Post
                              haha... that makes choosing a ONE sub even more harder...
                              Buy all 3. Of course not together la. Buy the SS, then the LV, then the TT

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X