Newbie looking for a used DJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for a used DJ

I'm going to be in Singapore for 2 days in mid June, and will be looking to buy a used DJ, preferably a 2 tone DJ with with white dial and roman numerals. I like the ones with the fluted bezel (16233 ?).

Can anyone point me in the right direction with approx price and which watch shop would have a selection of used DJs?

I will also be going to KL, so would it be cheaper to buy in KL or Singapore?

Your advice and recommendations will be most appreciated.

I think price would be around 3-4k? Coz with diamond dial is like 5.5k so ard there.

I think DJs are easily available in the preowned market so no worries. Only thing is..avoid Peng Kwee that's all.

KL would be slightly cheaper...but I personally wont recommend
    Last edited by Darkangel; 17-05-08, 05:54 PM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Darkangel. I'm not keen on the diamond dial. You have given me an idea of the pricing as well as who to avoid.

Comment

Darkangel,
        Hi! Why do we have to avoid Peng Kwee? I have seen a vintage sport at Peng Kwee and I managed to bargain from $10200 to $9000 ($9000 she will check with boss) but I am asking for $8800. So with the $200 difference, no deal at that time. They promised me that the pieces they sell are all original and willing to let me check with Rolex centre. They looked sincere sellers. Can you tell me what is the problem with Peng Kwee? Thanks!

Comment

It's overpriced. Chop carrot head 1.

If I am not wrong...I rmb an example that time..one of the guys here were saying the submariner with date was on sale for $6k plus...when the list was like $7444 and market is going ard $5k or there about.

Personally I went there before. They quoted ard 1k for my vintage DJ.. WTF?! Then I went over to my dealer and he quoted me 2k plus...And all the sales persons are FEMALE...to get those tiko peh to buy 1...hahaha...

Well that's beside the point la. Point is...prices are really high and not worth at all.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

True true... all salegirls with mini-skirt one but not pretty (I hope none of them are members here.... )
            I guess their pricing is to mark high high and let you bargin. The problem is that people like us who knows about the market price is very hard to buy from them as they don't want to sell cheap for good pieces. Maybe you are right, their target group are those tiko peh who don't mind to pay more...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              ....their target group are those tiko peh who don't mind to pay more...
              Thank God I'm neither a tiko peh nor a carrot head . I just want to get a good deal on a good watch.

Comment

another one to avoid is Passions, as they too are overpriced, but nice shop to go and browse. Don't even bother trying to sell anything, they squeeze your price like crazy,esp the indian fella..... feeding me all the cr@p, just walked out no time for w@nkers

Usually preowned shop in Chinatown, others located in Bugis area.
                Last edited by seiko.citizen; 17-05-08, 07:53 PM.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X