Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is rolex 5512 4 liner a popular and easy to sell model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is rolex 5512 4 liner a popular and easy to sell model?

i have rarely seen one up for sale here at a reasonable price.

these prices may be sold at 13k which is quite steep. are this model rare and popular among people? how should the price range be like? i am really unsure of the pricing.
    i thought 5512 looks similar to 5513. are 5512 and 5513 supposed to be of the same price range?

some hwlp here please

Originally posted by joseph View Post

these prices may be sold at 13k which is quite steep. are this model rare and popular among people? how should the price range be like? i am really unsure of the pricing.
    i thought 5512 looks similar to 5513. are 5512 and 5513 supposed to be of the same price range?

some hwlp here please
    5513 itself have a wide price range.

Comment

5512 = Steve McQueen.

Who is steve McQueen? Google is your best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph View Post

some hwlp here please
        5512 is much rarer than the common 5513.Therefore , it will cost a LOT more. The 5512 is COSC certified, while the 5513 is not.You rarely see 1 for sale in any of the watch forums.

Regards,P.

Comment

i would like to buy one but does anyone knows how much would it cost for a non gilt 5512 4 liner?

Comment

does rolex watches with COSC certification command a higher price?
            like between 14060 and 14060M

Comment

does anyone knows here the market price for a 5512 non gilt with 4 liner?
              i am being offered it at 7.8k..
              i am not sure is that i good price to buy...
              need some advice from some rolex gurus here

Comment

however this watch that i am being offered come without bracelet....

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
                  5512 is much rarer than the common 5513.Therefore , it will cost a LOT more. The 5512 is COSC certified, while the 5513 is not.You rarely see 1 for sale in any of the watch forums.

Regards,P.
                  how much more does 5512 pricing differ form 5513?

cheers!

Comment

in the past, people did not see the point in paying more money for a COSC-rated sub, and as such most people bought the 5513 over the 5512 (both models tell good time).

as a result, there are less 5512s available for "resale" in today's pre-own market. (insert law of supply and demand here)

until recently, certain models in the rolex line up were not COSC-rated (submariner and air-king comes to mind).

currently, there is not a real "premium" for the COSC-rated subs and air-kings, compared to the older models. IMO, the higher price is simply due to their younger age.

however, i cannot tell whatever will happen down the road. the price of watch collecting tends to be a bit of a roller coaster ride, as many experienced collectors can attest to, especially for rolex watches.

the premium paid for a 5512 is also difficult to comment on without knowing further details of the actual watch.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Well Said Bro Taxico...

[FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

5512 at 7.8k.

ouch.

i bought my 5512 in 2003 for US$2.3k... and a meters first 5513 in 2002 at a ridiculously cheap price...

i saw a few 5512s sold some weeks back: US$4k (unserviced) and US$5k (serviced). both in good condition and from reputable sellers (ie, they do this for a living).

even if you add in tax, 3 day fedex fees, a US$4k watch will cost you just a little over SG$6k.

i would not buy the watch unless it comes complete with papers, box, etc, or at least a kidney pledge.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

kidney pledge... lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X