Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think DJ with 36mm case is too small for guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do you think DJ with 36mm case is too small for guy?"

No.

It depends heavily on 3 things - one is the wrist size; one is the thickness of the watch; and lastly, the design. For the ROLEX datejust, it is 'evergreen', meaning that the overall design is going to last for years. It is so-called, "fashion-proof". Let's see how long the "big-watch fade" will last .

This is purely my own opinion.

Tx.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      No.

It depends heavily on 3 things - one is the wrist size; one is the thickness of the watch; and lastly, the design. For the ROLEX datejust, it is 'evergreen', meaning that the overall design is going to last for years. It is so-called, "fashion-proof". Let's see how long the "big-watch fade" will last .

This is purely my own opinion.

Tx.

Reason for the survey as I got one DJ and recently find that it seems small for my wrist. Thinking to upgrade to a professional model. Maybe I am finding excuses to change.
      A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
        Reason for the survey as I got one DJ and recently find that it seems small for my wrist. Thinking to upgrade to a professional model. Maybe I am finding excuses to change.
        Maybe you have got too used to the larger watches? Which watch(es) do you normally wear?

Comment

38mm would be just nice. The new EXPLORERE 3-6-9 is 38mm. Also the TUDOR classics also 38mm.

Comment

It really depends on individual....personally i loved the 36mm Rolex DJ

Fitted nicely for me...

I think it's too big for me...

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
              I think it's too big for me...
              I don't think GMT II looks big on your wrist. Just perfect

Comment

Erh, diff ppl have diff perpective. DJ do look better in 36mm when you have small wrist like me. But Sport series does look better in 40mm. It is up to you to decide. At least 36mm looks way much better than the boy size 31mm.

Cheers
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                  Maybe you have got too used to the larger watches? Which watch(es) do you normally wear?
                  Normally I will wear Seamaster which is 40mm or Baume & Mercier which is 42mm.
                  A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

my view You can't compare a dress watch with a sports (professional) watch.

Personally, a dress watch like DJ suppose to look more classy and meant for office outfit and sports watch is suppose to be bigger and rugged looking for weekend.
                    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                    1) WG DIA 18239
                    2) YG DIA 18238
                    3) WG 18239
                    4) YG 18238
                    5) YG 18248G Bark
                    6) WG DIA 18039
                    7) WG 18039
                    8) YG 18038
                    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                    12) WG 1803
                    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                    1)GMT II 116718 18K
                    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                    2)D15037 14k
                    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Yup agree with Ian Limm, dress watch Dj at 36mm is great. Wear for work and functions. Sport watches looks better bigger.

Main thing is it must fit nicely and proportionately on the wrist. For me I liked the AP ROO, but on my wrist too big and chunky, not for me.

Comment

This is how the DJ looks on my wrist. Small?

Comment

yaloryalor...

Comment

To add, even same 40mm size, the Gmt II c looks bigger than the Sub due to the bezel. Yatch master bezel also make the 40mm size looks much bigger!

Comment

36mm, 38mm 40mm or 44mm.....it all depends on each individual

back in 1991, i bought a 38mm tag, everybody say i siao buy such a big watch....

w/o any comparison 36mm looks ok, just like in the early 2000, 36mm was a trend while the 40mm sports look a little out

now, i followed the trend after wearing the 40mm then to 42mm then 44mm now 45.3mm, the datejust seems small compared to this sport watches

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
                                Yup agree with Ian Limm, dress watch Dj at 36mm is great.
                                x 3!

here is an excerpt from an interview with the president and vice-president of RUSA by john (holbrook).

Will the DJ I continue or will it be discontinued in favor of the DJ II?

The Datejust II is doing very, very well for Rolex.

However, Rolex feels that the oversized watch trend is reversing a bit...

...The DJ I line isn't going away."

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...ing-rolex.html
                                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X