Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric watch winder for Rolex

Hi guys,

Anyone here uses a watch winder for your Rolexes? Any recommendations..

I want to get one for my wife's Rolex and also my GMTIIc (to be purchased in the near future).

Thanks!

Dan

I am currently using a Eilux on my GMTIIc.
    900 TPDs, still ok, wont really overwind your watch.

Reasonably priced, but not a fantastic winder. More on entry level if you don really mind.

cheers!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I would personally recommend a eilux. my friend and i have been using it for more than 4 years already. no problem.

my friend has 3 single winder while i had 2 winder which i sold one away.

i like eilux triple winders because it allows you to set each watch TPD and winding direction.

i always recommend individual setting for each watch in terms of direction and TPD when getting more than 3 winders in a single box. however, if you plan in getting complication watches in future, i would suggest orbita because it has more TPD settings. if you got money to spend, then can consider buben and zorweg but these 2 brands warranty issue is handled by citimex. so do take note.

if you need help in better pricing for an eilux winder, do pm me. i see if i can assist you in getting a good price.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i think 900 TPD is setting II which is too high for a rolex. in the long run, it may affect your watch 'slip mechanism'. i would suggest you go for the setting I which is 650 TPD for normal rolex watches. unless im mistaken, the daytona requires a different setting.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        I am currently using a Eilux on my GMTIIc.
        900 TPDs, still ok, wont really overwind your watch.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i think 900 TPD is setting II which is too high for a rolex. in the long run, it may affect your watch 'slip mechanism'. i would suggest you go for the setting I which is 650 TPD for normal rolex watches. unless im mistaken, the daytona requires a different setting.
          actually, I over come this issue by only putting it on the winder for 8 hours and then removing it. i.e. at night before I sleep and when I wake at 7 am, remove it and place it on some place if I not wearing for that day. So in theory, I felt it wouldnt hit up to the full 900 TPDs. Would my this handling help?

If still doesnt help, then think I have to use my Wolf with 600TPDs le. But don like Wolf for PCL cos when take out/put in make scratch it. haiz...

When I bought the Eilux 2 years ago (its a black cylinder shaped 1 watch winder), I knew nothing about winders (and watches for that matter ). There are no setting available on my eilux, only CW, CCW and both directions winding. Then now buy le so tht just continue using. If really will cause issues then I think I better buy new one le haiz.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

...i would suggest orbita because it has more TPD settings.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

From what i was told by watch technician, rolex has an inbuild mechanism in the watch to prevent it over-winding. Hopes it helps...
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

Thank you guys for all advices, they have been very helpful to me..

Triton, I will PM you regarding the pricing for the Eilux winders... thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                  From what i was told by watch technician, rolex has an inbuild mechanism in the watch to prevent it over-winding. Hopes it helps...
                  tada:

i think 900 TPD is setting II which is too high for a rolex. in the long run, it may affect your watch 'slip mechanism'...
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Direction

Does the direction matter? The settings enable clockwise, anti-clockwise and alternating between the both. Which is better for a Rolex?

Comment

yes. direction does matter. some watch requires anti-clockwise. some watch requires clockwise. some watch requires both direction.

for rolex except daytona*IIRC*, should be both direction @ 650TPD

Originally posted by schizo View Post
                      Does the direction matter? The settings enable clockwise, anti-clockwise and alternating between the both. Which is better for a Rolex?

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by NGSigma View Post
                        Thank you guys for all advices, they have been very helpful to me..

Triton, I will PM you regarding the pricing for the Eilux winders... thanks..
                        Bro, can PM me the pricing also? So what TPD should I use for my GMT2 and wife's datejust?
                        Current:-

Ball: Hydrocarbon Titanium
                        Panerai: PAM 111 J
                        Rolex: GMTIIc

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old post people... am doing this with regards to my review on Eilux Watch Winders.

Firstly, to get things right, Eilux has catered 900TPD becuz the maximum turns for a watch in the market now is 950TPD and the weights vary right up to 250gm if I'm not mistaken. When such heavy watches are placed in the winder, the rotation will slow down (load factor) and this results in getting lesser number of turns.

EIlux winding system goes by timing, i.e. 118 seconds CW - Pause 2 seconds...etc.

Secondly, the built-in slipping mechanism of a watch is not meant to be abuse. As mentioned in many of my postings, a winder is like a 'spa' for your watches. Once off your wrist, leave it to run down a little before placing it in the winder such as this brand. That's the reason why high-end winders have a delay-start feature so that you may place your watch immediately into the winder and activate this delay-start, which will commence rotation after X hours!

Thirdly, I want to clear a misconception about bi-directional winding. This can also be found in my blog. A watch requiring bi-directional winding means it can wind either way. Many people think bi-directional winding means it must turn CW then turn CCW (or vice versa) to wind the watch. This is wrong folks. Actually, once you know which direction your watch winds, just set it to CW or CCW. That's why very basic watch winders have only two direction settings and with just a LM555 timer as their timing device when they were first launched in the late 90's.

So why does winders today have alternate winding directions?
                          This is programmed so that not only it exercises your watch but also the motors. It spreads the wear and tear evenly on the nylon gears in an Eilux winder.

Hope this helps!
                          Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                          • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                          • Montre de MarQue
                          • Etoile D'Or
                          • Hotel Indonesia
                          • Glory Time
                          • The Watch-Collector
                          • Time Palace
                          • The Swiss Connection
                          • M Baker
                          • Maurice Lacroix
                          • Time Marques
                          • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Thanks ten10 for the advice.

Just to add... from the Orbita website

http://www.orbita.net/NEW/Database-R.htm

Most Rolex Automatics Both directions 650 TPD
                            Daytona Cosmograph 4130 CW Direction 800-950 TPD
                            Daytona Both directions 650-800 TPD
                            Submariner Both directions 650 TPD

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile