Went over to some 2nd hand shops at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went over to some 2nd hand shops at

chinatown today to look at the 114270..they got over 10 pieces of that model in their shop ranging from y to even z series..

But all their conditions can;t make it one leh..most got dings and big scratches all over the bracelets, casing and lugs.. some got their lugs polished until it looks worn..alamak..

I think those people who have previously purchased from me the 14060m and explorer 2 must be very lucky..the condition of all my watches are much better than those..

i also went to a few 2nd hand shops to see...quite disappointing...i must say only Koh's watches are not so bad. but din find what i like. maybe is better to buy fr the garage here or just buy new

Comment

I went to look at all the 2nd hand shops in People's Park and Bugis for a good Day Date 18238 none can make it too.

problem is always because the bracelet too loose or they polished the case and lugs so much even the Rolex markings are almost gone!

on the case back for DD Imust see the 3 markings clearly -18K, 750( with the weighing scales) and the queen head,once those are polished off or faded I wont buy because it means a lot of polishing done!

better to buy here because collectors don't do such heavy polishing/filing to their watches like dealers.
      My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
      1) WG DIA 18239
      2) YG DIA 18238
      3) WG 18239
      4) YG 18238
      5) YG 18248G Bark
      6) WG DIA 18039
      7) WG 18039
      8) YG 18038
      9) Tridor DIA 18039B
      10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
      11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
      12) WG 1803
      13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
      1)GMT II 116718 18K
      2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
      1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
      2)D15037 14k
      3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Yes,I agree with you.Nowadays most of the watches with 2nd hand dealers are heavily polished to get a brand new look but I think some of us collector does not prefer this.I think it is a deal to get it from SG Rolex garage.Most of the watches here are still in reasonable price with good condition.

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
        I went to look at all the 2nd hand shops in People's Park and Bugis for a good Day Date 18238 none can make it too.

problem is always because the bracelet too loose or they polished the case and lugs so much even the Rolex markings are almost gone!

on the case back for DD Imust see the 3 markings clearly -18K, 750( with the weighing scales) and the queen head,once those are polished off or faded I wont buy because it means a lot of polishing done!

better to buy here because collectors don't do such heavy polishing/filing to their watches like dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by iMac08 View Post
          i also went to a few 2nd hand shops to see...quite disappointing...i must say only Koh's watches are not so bad. but din find what i like. maybe is better to buy fr the garage here or just buy new
          problem is i saw all those watch at koh's watches leh..

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post

the z series watches looks like the 1016..all the lugs botak one..

Comment

yeah..i think i won't go 2nd hand shop again...so difficult...just post here and wait for someone to offer....

Comment

Originally posted by augpat View Post
                Yes,I agree with you.Nowadays most of the watches with 2nd hand dealers are heavily polished to get a brand new look but I think some of us collector does not prefer this.I think it is a deal to get it from SG Rolex garage.Most of the watches here are still in reasonable price with good condition.
                How to tell a watch has been heavily polished ?

What are the tell-tale signs it has been worn out ?

How to check is the braclet loose?

I checked the SUB, EXPLORER series bracklet is "flimsy" and not so "solid" compared with the GMT2c, DAYTONA and DATEJUST (PCL more sturdy?). Is that OK?

Comment

You can easily tell whether a watch has been over polished by looking at the edges of the lugs..new rolex have sharp edges on the lugs and those over polished have rounded lugs and have lugs (front dial facing you) that are very near to the SEL..meanind that it has been polished until thin liao..

Comment

are there pictures for illustration? i also want to learn how to see..

Comment

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/...Date-Sub-1.jpg

this is an example of an over polished lugs lor..the lugs edge are not sharp anymore..like rounded like that..

but 5513 is a vintage watch so cannot compare lor..114270 but new also condition like that means it is overpolished..

Comment

good example.

The lugs must be sharp enough to cut, not kidding, if not sharp means
                        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                        1) WG DIA 18239
                        2) YG DIA 18238
                        3) WG 18239
                        4) YG 18238
                        5) YG 18248G Bark
                        6) WG DIA 18039
                        7) WG 18039
                        8) YG 18038
                        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                        12) WG 1803
                        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                        1)GMT II 116718 18K
                        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                        2)D15037 14k
                        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post

this is an example of an over polished lugs lor..the lugs edge are not sharp anymore..like rounded like that..

but 5513 is a vintage watch so cannot compare lor..114270 but new also condition like that means it is overpolished..
                          Wow... really polished until very jialat...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post

If sent to RSC will they polish until this state ?

How many times can a watch be polished b4 it reach this state?

Comment

learn something from this thread..thn how abt the flimsy bracelet? any way to tighten it again or now way to fix just go for new 1?
                              Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                              Future - Geneva hallmark
                              Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X