Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can service centre achieve chronometre sepcs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can service centre achieve chronometre sepcs?

Wondering in general, watch by authorised agent or third party are they able to achieve the watch accuracy under chronometre specs?

Recently my friend told me that from a reputed third party service centre, they could achive his watch accuracy after servicing (Omega seamaster) up to +10 sec considered very good.

Care to share your experience and advise?

accuracy after servicing

I had a complete overhaul on a 15yr old Tudor Sub at RSC last year, it was expensive but the watch kept time to within plus TWO seconds a day during the week I used it after collection. Generally, a good watchmaker can achieve excellent results if its a complete overhaul . If its extreme accuracy you are after, quartz is the way to go. A low cost option are the Seikos which use a 8F56? movement. They run on CR2412? lithium cells and last over six years per battery change. They keep time to within a minute a year or about five seconds a month, usually its actually better then this. Upmarket, look at the sinn UX which has a swiss chronomter rating for quartz watches! cheers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X