Went RSC today, guess what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pictures

Sorry for the blur pictures. But it can be seen in the first pics which is abit obvious that the right lug case is slightly smaller than the left.

Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

BRO, that's a lot smaller....

Comment

Hi Bro,
        Looking at the pics, that is visibly smaller!!

I say send an email to their management, offer to return the free gifts and insist that they change a new casing/lug for you.

After all, your aesthetic enjoyment and resale value of the watch has been drastically reduced due to their oversight, I'm sure you'd agree that a few catalogues, diaries and pouches won't make up for it.

It doesn't matter if you had signed any disclaimers before servicing, you are still covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

Fight, man, fight!!!
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

guess they sand down too much.
          I'm not here to stir you but it is only right that they compensate you appropriately since they made a big mistake.
          Being the official Rolex service center, this is unacceptable.

Comment

Bro,

Sometimes our eyes might play tricks on us. I looked at my also seem one thin one thick.

Then I use a ruler to measure, the thinnest part is about 2mm going up it gets broder, at the point tangent to the rotating bezel is about 3mm.

Do a measurement and see what you get.

Comment

I got a scratch (not the hairline type but also not the deep type) when I went to RSC last year to regulate my EXPLOERE2

The 2 lines (5mm long and 2mm apart right in the centre) scratch is at the LHS of the OYSTER case i.e. the mirror side opoosite the crown

I don't recall i scratch myself and I no proof I juz let it be. Now I know is NOT MY FAULT!

Bro - from the pictures it does show your lug is really filed away too much. Though regulating is FOC they should had taken better care of your watch

So is which technician u suspect caused it?

- the woman (only 1)
              - the old uncle (balding - but to me seems most skiful and professional)
              - the middle age technician (the one with thick jet black hair)

or another screw-cut uncle who sometimes make an appearance

Comment

Ouch! On the bright side...lucky yours isn't a gold piece

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

you're right! Mine also one side look bigger and one side look smaller... Mine not polished before....
                  Originally posted by jSkywalker View Post
                  Bro,

Sometimes our eyes might play tricks on us. I looked at my also seem one thin one thick.

Then I use a ruler to measure, the thinnest part is about 2mm going up it gets broder, at the point tangent to the rotating bezel is about 3mm.

Comment

you're right! Mine also one side look bigger and one side look smaller... Mine not polished before....

Bro,

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      BRO, that's a lot smaller....
                      Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                      Hi Bro,
                      Looking at the pics, that is visibly smaller!!

I say send an email to their management, offer to return the free gifts and insist that they change a new casing/lug for you.

After all, your aesthetic enjoyment and resale value of the watch has been drastically reduced due to their oversight, I'm sure you'd agree that a few catalogues, diaries and pouches won't make up for it.

It doesn't matter if you had signed any disclaimers before servicing, you are still covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

Fight, man, fight!!!
                      Originally posted by Sinner View Post
                      guess they sand down too much.
                      I'm not here to stir you but it is only right that they compensate you appropriately since they made a big mistake.
                      Being the official Rolex service center, this is unacceptable.
                      Ya, sad. But i will still keep the watch. Maybe just bear with it ba...sianz
                      Current Collection :

Comment

Bro,

Not necessary, just compare my 16610 with my 16613, then the diff is obvious.
                        Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                          I got a scratch (not the hairline type but also not the deep type) when I went to RSC last year to regulate my EXPLOERE2

The 2 lines (5mm long and 2mm apart right in the centre) scratch is at the LHS of the OYSTER case i.e. the mirror side opoosite the crown

I don't recall i scratch myself and I no proof I juz let it be. Now I know is NOT MY FAULT!

Bro - from the pictures it does show your lug is really filed away too much. Though regulating is FOC they should had taken better care of your watch

So is which technician u suspect caused it?

- the woman (only 1)
                          - the old uncle (balding - but to me seems most skiful and professional)
                          - the middle age technician (the one with thick jet black hair)

or another screw-cut uncle who sometimes make an appearance
                          One of the middle age uncle..... next time must check sia....
                          Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            Ouch! On the bright side...lucky yours isn't a gold piece
                            Ya, maybe i just bear with it for 5 yrs, then i go change the whole lug case when doing the overhaul...sianz. How much is replacement of the lug?
                            Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              Bro, If you compare 2 subs together, you will see the diff, and the angle of the lug seems weird....
                              Current Collection :

Comment

I am also wondering is it feasible to send the pics of the watch and illustrate the problem to RSC. Any advice? Thanks.
                                Current Collection :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X