Went RSC today, guess what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went RSC today, guess what?

Today, i went to SG RSC, the Tong Building to get my Sub regulated, i took some Rolex Catalogues too. But after the regulating, i took back my SS Sub and that is a deep scratch on the shinny side of the case. I was offered a polish job which will be end in abt 1 hour. Then i went lucky plaza walk walk to kill time, den receive call from RSC that I can only get my SS Sub back on Monday, as the polish job is complicated and need the Supervisor to do the job.

Does anyone encountered the same problem b4?
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

U should make a big hooha, tell them u are going overseas and cannot afford to wait. See what they can offer u. They might be able to offer u FOC for the servicing. Sounds pretty bad for a RSC
    Rolex Submariner Z series

Comment

I would have shown my unhappiness towards their poor service there and then, demanding a good explanation and compensation. dun let them off so easily....time for u to bite bro....

Comment

Actually agree, it is time to bite or did they treat you differently last time you asked for a decent discount on their retail pricing? Make them pay, through the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
          U should make a big hooha, tell them u are going overseas and cannot afford to wait. See what they can offer u. They might be able to offer u FOC for the servicing. Sounds pretty bad for a RSC
          Thanks, they offer a FOC polishing, but the lug case on the right seems smaller after the polishing....sianz

Originally posted by Watchman1957 View Post
          Actually agree, it is time to bite or did they treat you differently last time you asked for a decent discount on their retail pricing? Make them pay, through the nose.
          Ya, hope so too. But RSC don't do retail...sad....

Originally posted by chengzsg View Post
          I would have shown my unhappiness towards their poor service there and then, demanding a good explanation and compensation. dun let them off so easily....time for u to bite bro....
          Their Counter service is ok, but the call service and technical service is not really that great...
          Last edited by ohlins; 22-12-09, 12:41 AM.
          Current Collection :

Comment

Personally i find that their phone service is pretty gd, but the counter staff only so-so....
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Got my Watch back today!

Today, i got back my watch from RSC. The Polishing is FOC, but it makes the right side of the lug case smaller. But manage to get some free gift from the RSC.

1 x Rolex catelogue
              2 x small Rolex Catelogue

and 2 Rolex diaries + 2 green pouch
              Current Collection :

Comment

I remember the time I sent my SD in to have bezel insert changed. There was a chip on the crystal so they advised me to change it, so I said OK.

They called and told me the diving valve was kaput and advised me to change it or they could not guarantee waterproofness ... so I thought ok, why not if they were changing crystal anyway and going to re-test waterproofness..

I also asked about changing part of the bracelet as it was worn ... and they said can.

next day, I went to collect the watch ... everything done, except changing the bezel insert!

So got to wait again.

Anyway, they later called me to apologise .. so I just let it be lah.

But honestly, two of the three other times I went to RSC for some work done... there were mistakes, so got to be very critical and carefully check before and after.

Comment

Ya, that's what happen when i gt my watch back after regulating, a scratch...., so i asked the counter service. 1hr polishing time, then called to inform me that the watch can only be collected on monday....sianz
                  Current Collection :

Comment

Hobson's Choice...

The problems depicted here are not supposed to happen. They could easily have faced litigation in other countries. For the prices they charge, it is simply not acceptable. You be the judge whether it is a valued trinket or a priceless heirloom. Man-made creations do sometimes come with man-made servicing problems. Its all a matter of personal standards and expectations. But excellent products should come with excellent quality control. If that is sadly lacking, alternatively one can obtain service at a grey dealer instead.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                    Watch your words, for they become actions.
                    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                    Watch your habits, for they become character.
                    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Originally posted by Taipan View Post
                      The problems depicted here are not supposed to happen. They could easily have faced litigation in other countries. For the prices they charge, it is simply not acceptable. You be the judge whether it is a valued trinket or a priceless heirloom. Man-made creations do sometimes come with man-made servicing problems. Its all a matter of personal standards and expectations. But excellent products should come with excellent quality control. If that is sadly lacking, alternatively one can obtain service at a grey dealer instead.
                      Couldn't agree more.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i'm really curious..

in such cases, what could we have done or demand? they are suppose to be the undisputed official Rolex Service Centre here but yet such things happen.

Are they putting their reputation at risk? or simply because they are the only one around (officially) so they take work not seriously?

bro zidane watch is just a scratch and he got a FOC polishing with some freebies but is it enough to justify the damage done?
                        Now I worry about sending my watch there for servicing or even verification.
                        Imagine you getting a BNIB watch from dealer and they scratch it for you while checking..heart pain sia.

Comment

Able to take a pic after polishing? Sad to hear that, svc at rsc should be the best but such mistake can be made.

Comment

relax bro, accident do happens....

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
                            i'm really curious..

in such cases, what could we have done or demand? they are suppose to be the undisputed official Rolex Service Centre here but yet such things happen.

Are they putting their reputation at risk? or simply because they are the only one around (officially) so they take work not seriously?

bro zidane watch is just a scratch and he got a FOC polishing with some freebies but is it enough to justify the damage done?
                            Imagine you getting a BNIB watch from dealer and they scratch it for you while checking..heart pain sia.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Couldn't agree more.
                              Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
                              i'm really curious..

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                              Able to take a pic after polishing? Sad to hear that, svc at rsc should be the best but such mistake can be made.
                              Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              relax bro, accident do happens....
                              ya, that's sianz for me...
                              Current Collection :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X