Advice needed:Local or overseas DSSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed:Local or overseas DSSD

Was recently offered a brand new set of V series DSSD for 10.8k at a local AD and a overseas V series brand new DSSD for 10k.

Was thinking really hard if it is worth folking out 800 dollars more so that I can lay hands on the watch immediately, get an official receipt and knowing that it's all safe. Getting the overseas set would mean that I have the full package minus the receipt and save 800 in the process.

Is the receipt important? Anything that I should look out for? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Personally given all is identical I will not pay 800 for a receipt.

However some people would prefer peace of mind and service from ad. Also more "complete". Easier to sell.

Point to consider is if the grey dealer is trustworthy and authenticate at RSC is 75.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

where cheap where buy, no diff de..

Comment

if it is a fake, there is a difference. given that there has been quite a number of scam cases appearing in both sg-roc and other watch forums

Originally posted by michelle View Post
        where cheap where buy, no diff de..
        i have to agree that a receipt alone is not worth 800.

i agree on second statement

irregardless whether gray dealer is trustworthy or not is besides the point, i would pay for authentication service @ RSC

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

However some people would prefer peace of mind and service from ad. Also more "complete". Easier to sell.

Point to consider is if the grey dealer is trustworthy and authenticate at RSC is 75.
        for 800 price difference, i would go for a gray dealer set. however i will definitely go to RSC for authentication.

some people feel that a watch with receipt makes it complete package. individual preference.

when buying from gray dealer, i suggest you bring a loupe to examine if there are any MAJOR scratch or ding.

BNIB set usually have all stickers intact.

there is also the bezel protector.

warranty card must be stamped with overseas AD.

i prefer no name on the warranty card. dated is alright to me

there should be a lint cloth.

there should be a thin piece of plastic to slot between the opening of the box.

there should be user manual

i dont think there will be extra links as the new bracelet allows it to be resize without taking out the links.

there should be both the red tag and green tag.

Originally posted by noahjiawei View Post
        Was recently offered a brand new set of V series DSSD for 10.8k at a local AD and a overseas V series brand new DSSD for 10k.

Is the receipt important? Anything that I should look out for? All advice is greatly appreciated.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks guys ! Have no way to authenticate it as the watch from overseas, pay first then watch send to your house via post.

Think should be fine? As I had bought from this fella before and his ratings and membership duration on the foreign watch forum pretty healthy. 3000 over post, member since '07 and have many references from other ppl.

Comment

Thanks Triton,
            Didn't even know abt "there should be a thin piece of plastic to slot between the opening of the box." Until you mentioned abt it then I go and dig out my box to see.

Ha ha when i bought my current rolek AD at chinatown just quickly packed everything into paper bag and ask me hand over credit card asap. Ha ha and still say "give u free 2 pieces of cleaning cloth hor!" (faintz...)

Comment

Originally posted by noahjiawei View Post
              Thanks guys ! Have no way to authenticate it as the watch from overseas, pay first then watch send to your house via post.

Think should be fine? As I had bought from this fella before and his ratings and membership duration on the foreign watch forum pretty healthy. 3000 over post, member since '07 and have many references from other ppl.
              Wow! That's a huge risk (at least to me) man. I take my hat off you.. Good luck, anyway .
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just my opinion.

S$10.8K for local AD is cheap..IMO. I was offered 3 weeks ago at Paragon for S$12.8K. Somemore, he dun want to show me until I want to buy. . Unless I know th overseas AD. If not I will not even buy from him/her even though the rating is good.. "Sometime" rating is manipulated and also too many grey area. But there again. it is your call.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Wow! That's a huge risk (at least to me) man. I take my hat off you.. Good luck, anyway .
                  ha ha like they all say in the stock market... Only the brave are rewarded!

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
                    S$10.8K for local AD is cheap..IMO. I was offered 3 weeks ago at Paragon for S$12.8K. Somemore, he dun want to show me until I want to buy. . Unless I know th overseas AD. If not I will not even buy from him/her even though the rating is good.. "Sometime" rating is manipulated and also too many grey area. But there again. it is your call.
                    Go chinatown cheaper!

Comment

take the $800 difference, and spend the $100 to authenticate. You will still be in front $700.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I will buy from the local AD in your case. Just dun feel safe buying over from the internet when there's so many scams now, even the real person and 'real' thing can appear in front of you. Thus, imo, saving the $700 is not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

Agree with Watcha ... I would only go with the grey mkt dealer is he is reputable and trust-worthy ...
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X