No announcement yet.

Seeking advice on purchasing a new or used rolex mid sized automatic with date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice on purchasing a new or used rolex mid sized automatic with date

hi everyone..

im really new to all this..my father used to own a oyster perpetual with date..just wanted to follow the tradition..im thinking of getting a mid sized one instead..was wondering how much a stainless steel one will cost(no gold,no diamonds etc)
    went to a neighbourhood pawnshop and he showed me a mid sixed with roman markers and half gold bracelt..not sure of the model number or year and he quoted me S$3.2k

can any1 recommend me a good shop which sells used as well as another shop which sells new rolexes in singapore?and for a new one..do they hv like interest free credit card repayments?

thanks...
    Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
    I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
    Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Originally posted by jasonsouza77 View Post
    hi everyone..

im really new to all this..my father used to own a oyster perpetual with date..just wanted to follow the tradition..im thinking of getting a mid sized one instead..was wondering how much a stainless steel one will cost(no gold,no diamonds etc)
    went to a neighbourhood pawnshop and he showed me a mid sixed with roman markers and half gold bracelt..not sure of the model number or year and he quoted me S$3.2k

can any1 recommend me a good shop which sells used as well as another shop which sells new rolexes in singapore?and for a new one..do they hv like interest free credit card repayments?

thanks...
    Hmm...new? The local ADs in orchard like Tai Hong Hung, Kee Hing Hung, The Hour Glass, Sincere (Hilton Hotel) and Cortina etc...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

thanks darkangel..but do they hv interest free credit card payments?thanks
      Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
      I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
      Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Yeah they do

Comment

Here you go

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=32386
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks so much for the replies guys..will let u guys know when i pick up my first timepiece..yes..ill include the pics..

Comment

just to note: mid-sized rolex watches are tougher to re-sell in asia...

there's no need to lug around a credit card debt if you're looking for a reliable rolex for daily wear, so reconsider buying new.

you can find older acrylic SS/TT datejusts (and some full-sized dates) at very good prices if you're patient.

just make sure the case is not corroded and the movement is clean. parts for 1570/3035 are plentiful.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I just bought a Day Date (Everose gold 118235F) from Kee Hing Hung 2 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan View Post
                  That's awesome man!

Congrats! Oh pictures please!

Comment

The pictures are not well taken. Anyone one can give me some tips on how to take pictures of watches.

Comment

I have problem posting pictures/images on this forum. Could those bros who had posted nice pictures in Rolex Gallery kindly advise how to do it. Many thanks.

Comment

I have problem posting pictures/images on this forum. Could those bros who had posted nice pictures in Rolex Gallery kindly advise how to do it. Many thanks.
                        Upload your image to imageshack or some other image site before posting them on the site.
                        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

F series ?

Hi bro,
                          You mean you bought a BNIB DD at KHH ?
                          118235F , i assume is a F series , but F series is quite a old stock , wonder how much you got it for , BTW i used to deal with them , the HOW bros .

Cheers
                          Focal JM_Labs .
                          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                          Cartier Santos 100XL
                          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Bro, the list price is $40,800. Btw, you said F series is quite a old stock, you are referring to the year of manufacturing? And which year is F series manufactured? Thanks a lot.

Comment

I have verified with Rolex Centre by quoting them my watch serial No. M952845 and they told me my watch is M series. Btw, I am trying to post some photos of my newly acquired DD for sharing. Thank you.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X