Rolex watch sold by AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex watch sold by AD

Just checked with AD, they said all the Rolex watch sold will be write the buyer name and address on warranty card (Photostat) then submit together with receipt to Rolex for record purpose. For those bought from private dealer, warranty is not valid and will not service by Rolex even show them the warranty card with stamp. Is it true? Please advice. Thanks!

I think most of the grey dealers bought their watches from overseas authorised agent as well.

About naming the cards, some countries are not adhering to this strictly.

If no stamp, maybe not recognise. But no name should be ok.

Why don't you call RSC to confirm this?

Comment

I think so, how can it be Rolex so strict and keep whole world buyer record? Any other fellow here got opinion about this?

Comment

part of the reason about why local dealers are insistent on writing down name is hoping to prevent 'trading' of watches between countries. likewise, there are overseas tourists who buy watches and re-selling them in other markets.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          part of the reason about why local dealers are insistent on writing down name is hoping to prevent 'trading' of watches between countries. likewise, there are overseas tourists who buy watches and re-selling them in other markets.
          Isit? Actually i plan to get my first Rolex soon. If buy from PI warranty still valid? How to contact RSC to check?

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
            Isit? Actually i plan to get my first Rolex soon. If buy from PI warranty still valid? How to contact RSC to check?
            Any one can help on this?

Comment

Any one can help on this?
              If you buy a V or M series, I am sure the warranty will be valid even without the warranty card.

If you are getting a Z series or earlier series, when the warranty is left with a few more months. Then make sure your warranty card has a stamp of any AD in the world. Of course, the date must be within 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                If you buy a V or M series, I am sure the warranty will be valid even without the warranty card.

If you are getting a Z series or earlier series, when the warranty is left with a few more months. Then make sure your warranty card has a stamp of any AD in the world. Of course, the date must be within 2 years.
                don't need register buyer name with rolex?

Comment

don't need register buyer name with rolex?
                  Nope. I remember I an AD it is a gift for someone else. They didn't name the card.

Comment

Not every AD record details for warranty. Important is you've got the warrany, dated can liao. Also the warranty cards of contemporary Rollies are credit card style and they come scripted with the local AD's name. How it comes about I guess is that the local AD will eg. order 5 Subs from RSC and RSC in return will print that AD's name on the cards and deliver it with watches to respective AD. So when reaches the shop, AD name already inked on the "credit card" just need to date and name it.

So in essence, the AD can choose not to write your name or date it. However RSC not dumb. Say you walked in RSC with a "Z" or older series Sub and needed service covered by warranty. If you dated your card 09/09/2009, then good luck........ Subs move off shelves easily, "Z" series just bought 3 months back from AD?? Who'ya kidding man. Lie intelligently, say bought in 2007 Nov still can sneak pass a bit. My method works cause I already tested and work. Expire a few months, okie. Watch model not popular one, okie. Expire long long and watch popular model you try to bruff uncle aunties at RSC, Brudder your guts grow hair huh? I salute you.

Comment

yes different AD different practice...
                      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X