*~YG Datejust/Day-date~*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *~YG Datejust/Day-date~*

Ever since I stepped into the world of Rolex ard 2 yrs back,I loved the YG models esp the DJ/DD. I am a fan of yellow gold also,ok may sound kinda odd for someone like me to like YG but yeah I do like it haha. Though most owners are the older generation,and it does seem unsuitable for someone like me to wear but sometimes who cares yeah?

The YG DJ has since been on my wishlist but I have yet to decide if it would be on the top of the list or at the bottom. Sometime I kinda face problems when I think of it if I get the YG DJ. I won't be able to wear it out or frequently,chances are I will only wear when I am at home or going to certain places. It's quite a tough choice sometimes especially for someone my age to wear a YG DJ.

I do welcome you guys to share pics of your YG DJ/DDs and give some opinion. =) TIA for all suggestions and opinions

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

You have any idea how much a YG DJ? I have an uncle who wear it for the last 20 years daily... I can't appreciate then when I was young... my uncle migrated.. so can't look at it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
      You have any idea how much a YG DJ? I have an uncle who wear it for the last 20 years daily... I can't appreciate then when I was young... my uncle migrated.. so can't look at it anymore
      $30-$33K for YG DD...now the price may be higher due to the increase in gold prices

cheers
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        $30-$33K for YG DD...now the price may be higher due to the increase in gold prices

cheers
        Dun scare him la....that's b4 discount

Preowned ard 10k and it's possible to find something lesser than that. I placed my budget at about 10k. Hoping to search for a Midsized DJ.

Comment

mid size DJ may look a bit out of place for some people. but it does feel better to wear. however i still prefer 36-41mm case size
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Dun scare him la....that's b4 discount

Preowned ard 10k and it's possible to find something lesser than that. I placed my budget at about 10k. Hoping to search for a Midsized DJ.
            yeah...that's list price........YG DD min preowned costs $16K i think...heard from my dad that pawn shop taking in at $10-13K.....2nd hand dealers will take in $13K

i'm not sure about YG DJ mid/men size though.....
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
              yeah...that's list price........YG DD min preowned costs $16K i think...heard from my dad that pawn shop taking in at $10-13K.....2nd hand dealers will take in $13K

i'm not sure about YG DJ mid/men size though.....
              Hehe...that's DD...DJ cheaper. LOL...dun scare me lehs...haha looking at midsize and DJ so should be possible

Comment

DD better and more comfortable to wear. however the weight also noticable too. the DD is heavier.
                Last edited by seiko.citizen; 09-04-08, 10:50 AM. Reason: another typo
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  DD better and more comfortable to wear. however the weight also noticable too. the DJ is heavier.
                  Well...I think DD would be the same as DJ men's size? As in weight and size. Well not really sure but not really bothered about the weight haha

Comment

ya, same size. very nice watch to wear, but definately too young, people dismiss as fake if i wear

but if want to buy i think solid links are the way to go, because hollow just dont hack it, i now regret buying a hollow link dj, now not happy and want to sell to buy gmt

somehow the stretch is annoying me.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      ya, same size. very nice watch to wear, but definately too young, people dismiss as fake if i wear

but if want to buy i think solid links are the way to go, because hollow just dont hack it, i now regret buying a hollow link dj, now not happy and want to sell to buy gmt

somehow the stretch is annoying me.
                      LOL....nahh I dun care about wad ppl say..coz they wont have a chance to say it lol!

Comment

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
                        How about this, not a JD, but a -DATE- full 18K YG.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex5 View Post
                          How about this, not a JD, but a -DATE- full 18K YG.
                          It's actually alittle big smaller than the DJ...but still thanks....still 18k gold

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X