Fake Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Daytona?

This was brought out in the Panerai subforum and so not sure if other rolex lovers saw it. The fake looks pretty solid, any expert can comment on tell-tale signs? It's an F series.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=30918&page=4

From the angle the picture is taken...it's hard to do any evaluation. But from holding the watch it's usually not hard =)

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

The Rolex logo and the flip lock look weird.

Comment

Look like a real thing to me... but holding it should be easy to differentiate. The fake ones is has a thicker case

Comment

maybe can hear difference in rotor winding sound?
          fallraen
          "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
            maybe can hear difference in rotor winding sound?
            EXPERT
            You are right! That is the main difference! I didn't know about it initially

Comment

Can share what you saw inside when you opened it up at your friend's pre-own shop?

Man, this is scary. The watch looks totally genuine on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                EXPERT
                You are right! That is the main difference! I didn't know about it initially
                Rolex rotor got sound one? I tht its quite silent?

Only ETA and other movements have those noisy whizzing rotor turning sound when you move your hand right?
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  Rolex rotor got sound one? I tht its quite silent?

Only ETA and other movements have those noisy whizzing rotor turning sound when you move your hand right?
                  Any rotor can make noises when they are moving.

The difference is just how the watchmaker keep the noise in the case. Rolex are pretty silent.

It is incorrect to say that ETA movements are noisy.

The fake one made some rotating noise when I move it. That should be quite an obvious giveaway in future if I see another one.

Comment

Originally posted by cycross View Post
                    Can share what you saw inside when you opened it up at your friend's pre-own shop?

Man, this is scary. The watch looks totally genuine on the outside.
                    The movement do not have ROLEX engraving. There is no red wheel as well.

I am not even sure that it is ETA. It might be just some china movement.

Comment

the rolex logo on the bracelet is too far up. the bottom of the logo should be lower.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        the rolex logo on the bracelet is too far up. the bottom of the logo should be lower.
                        You can't tell if that is tru as the pic was taken from 6 o'clock up

Comment

reference to this picture 1

reference to this picture 2

if you look @ the real one, u can tell the logo is too far up.

also with reference to picture 2, the hole is solid thru, aka see the base, but real one does not.

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                          You can't tell if that is tru as the pic was taken from 6 o'clock up
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Are these fakes too?

Are these fakes too?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ROLEX-DAYTONA...item35a4c9dd19

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ROLEX-DAYTONA...item35a4d6449d

Comment

it always tells a different when u put on a real rolex or fake. the feeling dosn't lie...
                              Dream List :
                              Patek Philippe 5167

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X