Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u anal about link screws damaged by AD during sizing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a similar experience when i bought my first rolex sometime back. When the AD was adjusting it, both the screw and a slight side of the bracelet was actually scratched. When i asked him about it, he said bo pian, is like that, reason being that the screw is lock tight applied...

Well, i'm contemplating the Deepsea.. but being kinda particular about my watches... what would you guys suggest?

Is it better to just bring it back to RSC and have them adjust it?? If they were to scratch it, do you think they will change one brand new one for me? I mean, afterall, it's a brand new watch right?

Comment

This is a highly subjective topic and my personal opinion is that the condition of the watch before, during and after payment, should be when it is in its original condition. I feel that the AD should make good any scratches, defects, or any fault there is, if he/she caused it, directly or indirectly.

Just like when one purchase a car. If a brand new car that is delivered to you at the very first instant comes with a scratch on the dash board, or a cracked headlight, or cut on the leather seat, how will you react?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i heard of a customer who will bring his own screwdriver.... and DIY the adjustment....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          This is a highly subjective topic and my personal opinion is that the condition of the watch before, during and after payment, should be when it is in its original condition. I feel that the AD should make good any scratches, defects, or any fault there is, if he/she caused it, directly or indirectly.

Just like when one purchase a car. If a brand new car that is delivered to you at the very first instant comes with a scratch on the dash board, or a cracked headlight, or cut on the leather seat, how will you react?

i agree with you. However, the AD that i go to is a close friend and his always given us good prices on the items i've purchase from him. I figured i might just buy the watch from him and have RSC do the adjustments instead. The worry has always being if there was any scratch, they could just polish it without you knowing over at RSC right?

daunting... hahaha

Comment

Guess what? Think I am very siau lor, coz my last two watches also go scratch by AD when doing adjustment. My Pam got scratch when I buy the watch and wife prefer to have it with black strap rather than the original brown, so purchase a new strap on the spot and ask my friend who is the AD to change the strap for me. She scratched the buckle, quite a deep cut. So painful!! Last week, when I bought my GMTII. Another AD removes some links for me due to sizing, and scratch one of my links. Lucky or not, its the additional links that is been removed that got scratch. AD somemore got the cheek to tell me no problem!!!Haiz...guess is just my luck lor....the only good thing is when I bought my Ball. Got it resize with Service center, and its a prefect job done. So now, in future, when I buy watches I will only bring it to the service center to do resizing....
            Current:-

Ball: Hydrocarbon Titanium
            Panerai: PAM 111 J
            Rolex: GMTIIc

Comment

could someone give me a more specific address on where to purchase the screw drivers?

thanks

Comment

service centre do resizing need to pay ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dessmond View Post
                  service centre do resizing need to pay ?
                  for Rolex, is free.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

If your heading down to RSC, i suggest looking for Henry Te.
                    His very professional, whenever he picks up your watch and sends it in, handles it with care. His gloves is always on an his meticulous.

Comment

i also want to know where to buy e screw driver... i used mine, but not too good, so can't open e bracelet

Comment

scratched my rolex bracelet screw while trying to adjust the bracelet, took it to RSC to resize my bracelet, even worse, all the screws got scratched by the lady technician!! is this normal?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X