Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u anal about link screws damaged by AD during sizing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are u anal about link screws damaged by AD during sizing?

Everyone here love your Rolex.

How do you feel when you are buying your first Rolex from the AD? After paying $$$ and burning a small hole in the pocket....The AD takes out a screw driver and try to size your bracelet....You see him putting that sharp screw in and screw damn hard and finally he removed 2 links. New Rolex comes with loc-tite which secures your screws. so the AD usually need to use his "strength" to unscrew them...The extra links are packed in the small zip lock bags and left in your box....check out the screws...most of them are usually cut by the screw driver...depending how anal you are....post some pics..or you are lucky to have a superb....AD who has careful hands..perfect screw head.....
    My Rolexes and Tudor...

Btw can we sell the two links...how much it worth for the tt gmt2c link ?

Comment

Originally posted by angry View Post
      Btw can we sell the two links...how much it worth for the tt gmt2c link ?
      not sure...

show picture better...english not good. screw pai (damaged)...heart pain pain?

My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

Very interesting. My AD went into the room to re-size the bracelet.

I'll take a look tonight.

Comment

i usually take a look at the watch when I get it back after the resize. but then again, if really scratched, what can you do?

usually if their tools have the magnetic tip, such things seldom occur but i think if it does, then really suck thumb le
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            i usually take a look at the watch when I get it back after the resize. but then again, if really scratched, what can you do?

usually if their tools have the magnetic tip, such things seldom occur but i think if it does, then really suck thumb le
            um....mebbe...ask AD...can change new lolex. u still got many on display...try another and start all over again since....you scratched my screws...
            My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

It is no choice, it depends on how 'skilled' is your AD ba. Mine is ok.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Yes, that my experience. Screw of new submariner cut by screw driver. It seems screw is very tight, and cannot be easily removed by screwdriver. From what I observed, no easy to do bracelet resizing on your own.

Comment

You are not alone. I also the ngiow type I use to insist to do it on my own. Lucky recently no need liao, becos have put on some weight most watch fit just nice with full links ha ha ........

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                    Very interesting. My AD went into the room to re-size the bracelet.

I'll take a look tonight.
                    So hope your screw are not scratched.
                    Anyway, enjoy all ur rolexes even there is scratch as it adds more character to it. Wear it in good health and joy.
                    My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

I tried changing myself. very very tight. can be done but need to be very careful and lots of strength. Also strong screw driver.

I think its better to go rolex center to resize if cannot trust AD.

resize 2 watches there recently. no charge and comes with free cleaning cloth.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

you also need right size for your screw. otherwise it will slip, thus causing the marks. the more snug fit in the screw head, the better. i have seen some people using one screwdriver for every type of screw in the links, and most of the time; it is too big/small.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Right screw head size

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          you also need right size for your screw. otherwise it will slip, thus causing the marks. the more snug fit in the screw head, the better. i have seen some people using one screwdriver for every type of screw in the links, and most of the time; it is too big/small.
                          Anybody knows the right size screw head to use for submariner/gmt : 1.0, 1.2, 1.4?

Comment

best bet, is to buy a precision screw set, and try yourself. i do not have exact measurements with me. just like when i had to open my laptop to change LCD, i buy one set of screwdrivers, and use. Oh, and btw, do yourself a favor, and do not buy made in china drivers, cos they are ****. i had one, and the screw broke in the screwhead, causing me to have to use super glue, and a knife to flick out the filings.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                              Anybody knows the right size screw head to use for submariner/gmt : 1.0, 1.2, 1.4?

sub/gmt 1.6mm ..

i got those swiss made precision screw driver from rochor center.. I think one for 15 dollars..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X