Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean your precious Rolex..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnalz View Post
    how often u guys sent for polish? if it really remove a fine layer of the surface..will it cause the watch to depreciate even further??
    unless totally necessary, dun send for polishing. just clean it with mild soap regularly. even if i am to send it for servicing, i will tell the rollie technician specifically NOT to polish my baby.

not too sure abt depreciation though but i just dun like the idea of my watch getting "thinner" by the years.
    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
    What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
      unless totally necessary, dun send for polishing. just clean it with mild soap regularly. even if i am to send it for servicing, i will tell the rollie technician specifically NOT to polish my baby.

not too sure abt depreciation though but i just dun like the idea of my watch getting "thinner" by the years.
      Not to worry about depreciation...every polish it does remove abit,but the layer is just so fine there is no much diff la. It won't affect the value in anyway.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
        i very simple one.... use brush / foam and brush thru lightly of all area...
        sometime think after so many months of wearing, sweat, dust and dirt accumulate esp on the bracelet area, feel a little uncomfortable.

eh guys, then brushed stainless steel leh..
        i mean the clasp with the logo, if got a lot of scratches, how u all get rid???
        [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
        Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
          eh guys, then brushed stainless steel leh..
          i mean the clasp with the logo, if got a lot of scratches, how u all get rid???
          my clasp is full of scratches too.. use some autosol to polish lor...
          sometimes i change to nato strap to reduce the use of the bracelet..
          Rolex Submariner Z series

Comment

I gave up on getting scratches on my bracelet. Swapped to rubber strap.

Comment

Originally posted by charle View Post
              my clasp is full of scratches too.. use some autosol to polish lor...
              sometimes i change to nato strap to reduce the use of the bracelet..
              Once you use autosol to polish,that means the matt finish gone already leh,it will become shiny again but u gotta keep polishing it.

Comment

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                I gave up on getting scratches on my bracelet. Swapped to rubber strap.
                can try 3M cleaning pad or capecod cloth. what's a watch without some hairline scratches to show its character. as long as it's not a dent or anything major lah.
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                What's NEXT?

Comment

can try 3M cleaning pad or capecod cloth.
                  capecod for polished surfaces only......... cleaning pad for brushed portions....
                  the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                  visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                    capecod for polished surfaces only......... cleaning pad for brushed portions....
                    so have to buy both since some rollies have both polished and brushed surfaces on the bracelet
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

so have to buy both since some rollies have both polished and brushed surfaces on the bracelet
                      Thats right. Need to get both. Masking tape the polished surface and use cleaning pad on the brushed surface.... follow the direction of the grain.
                      Submariner 14060
                      Breitling Colt Auto II
                      Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                      Bell & Ross BR03-92
                      MM20

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Once you use autosol to polish,that means the matt finish gone already leh,it will become shiny again but u gotta keep polishing it.
                        Tat's why i did not autosol the clasp.. Kinda like the brushed metal look.. I've got a friend who went to autosol his 68273 and made it so shiny.. He's so proud of it but to me it looks weird.. Looks fake! But then again.. Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.. Hee hee..
                        Anyway.. I've got to try the 3M cloth.. Didn't know it existed! Thanks ppl..
                        [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                        Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=33241

good info for dos and don'ts for maintenance of rollies from the rolex forum.

i wasn't aware that toothpaste may contain abrasive particles for polished surfaces. so pls avoid at all cost.
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

ok lah it's only mildly abrasive so that it's effective when used to brush our teeth...... using it to clean the watch is fine....... it's nowhere near sandpaper or equivalent....
                            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

capecod

was kinda bored last nite so decided to experiment with capecod on my mom's dj. gosh, really very shiny after 30 minutes of polishing.

for those who are thinking of trying capecod, here's my take:

1) clean the watch with soap first and dry it thoroughly.

2) the cloth is already coated with some kind of vanilla scented liquid. as the size of the cloth is pretty large, cut off a small portion if you dun want yr fingers to smell of vanilla afterwards. Try to use a cotton bud if possible for very small areas. masking off the brushed surface is recommended.

3) the first application starts when you rub the cloth onto the surface of the watch. remember only one direction pls!

4) the surface will become smudgy after a while, then use a jewellery cloth to buff off the fluid applied (in one direction PLS). do NOT use tissue cos it may be abrasive.

5) After a couple of minutes, yr watch will look spanking new. Note: wash yr hands thorughly after the event.

My thots of capecod: pretty good, faint hairline scratches can definitely be polished off but not deep ones. It's also more enjoyable to see the "fruits" of yr labour.

I will post some "before & after" pics hopefully by tonight.

price per pack is $7.90 at DIY stores so dun pay anything more.
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Hehehe I think it's time for me to buy it already

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X