No announcement yet.

Engraving Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I do not think I will buy someone else's watch with their name engraved on it. So yea, I definitely will not do that. Its tattoo that you cannot get rid off! Passing in on to next generation...maybe they will not wear also...cos not their initials?

Comment

Own Opinion

It Definately Up To You
      I Would Prefer Not To As You Would be able to sell it for a higher price

Comment

I'll probably engrave it if I'm giving it to my son

Comment

Just engraved the Lady Datejust I bought as an anniversary gift for my wife. I feel that it adds a nice personal touch.

As for folks worried about affecting the watch value or its like a permanent tatoo; just do the engraving on a removable location like the case back or the bracelet clasp. I did ask RSC how much it will cost to replace a SS caseback and it was only $150.

Comment

Originally posted by sdchew View Post
            Just engraved the Lady Datejust I bought as an anniversary gift for my wife. I feel that it adds a nice personal touch.

As for folks worried about affecting the watch value or its like a permanent tatoo; just do the engraving on a removable location like the case back or the bracelet clasp. I did ask RSC how much it will cost to replace a SS caseback and it was only $150.
            Hmmm, I prefer not to engrave it.
            But yes, I have to agree it adds the personal touch. Totally nothing wrong with it.

Comment

i would - on the case back. It's an area big area for some wordy phrases. No harm commemorating say an anniversary, a major promotion, or a special day which you like to remind yourself of.

Comment

think have a spare case prior to engrave is a safer move

Comment

it might depend on how often you want to look at the engraving.

i have an old bracelet that has been engraved twice. both times i asked the engraver to make it shallow so it can be easily polished off in future when i no longer need it.

my first engraving was a line taken from the st jude novena (prayer). this one is my second engraving on the same buckle.

it's the first time i'm taking a picture of it and it's very difficult for the camera to focus on it - i tried and tried but this was the best one out of many (focus gets worse on a plain background.)

because of the curved surface and shallow words, it's very faint and difficult to read at a glance - i need to rotate my wrist for light to catch each row of engraved letters.

the personal engraving on the buckle keeps me motivated when days are tough (eg, too many deaths in a particular week) or when i feel down.

if it was engraved on the case back, i would need to take the watch off to be able to see it. this works perfectly for me.
                  Last edited by taxico; 27-11-12, 11:41 PM.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I'll have it engraved if its a gift. However, not if its just for myself.

Comment

Sharing a pic of the engraved case back I did for my wife's Lady Datejust

I masked the name and the anniversary date thou...

Comment

Persoally No

I wouldnt, it will effect the resale and believe me once yoiu get the Rolex bug you will be buying and selling whenever possible!

Comment

Guess i will never damage the watch. Its best in its original state

Comment

My own Rolex watches, never.
                            Watches for my loved one, yes...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X