No announcement yet.

Explorer II vs SD/Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup! me not rushing... now is the cooling down period.. weighing all my options and other priority to see got the cash or not.. also waiting for the Basel 08... and best part is I will be overseas from 6 Apr - 13 Apr... lagi no chance to rush into buying... keke.......

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    pingpong, dun rush into buying anything when u r undecided. u must hv that "feeling" when u try on the model. that being said, think you hv already set your mind on the black explorer II.

like you, i was also in two hearts before i got my SD. reason was cos i didn't really fancy the cyclops but polar exp II has been an absolutle fave since childhood.

but my AD was gracious enuff to let me try the subbie, gmt IIc, exp II and SD. i held the watches individually but both gmt-IIc & subbie somehow didn't appeal to me. i then put on the SD and from that instant, it was not necessary for me to try any other models liao. words fail to describe how i felt at that moment. self-delusion some may say but as long as it floats my boat, no one's gonna rock it!

go with whatever you heart tells you and when yr precious arrivesm share yr joy with us. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
      ya... i think $6.5k is old price liao... list price is 8097 to be exact... ai.......
      Wah...EXP II price really shoot UP to sky high. I remember Cortina was quoted me in 2006 at $6,200.00.

I think it's a good time to shop at preowned shop.

Cheerio,

Comment

ya man... seeing them on the net, seeing them for real and trying on totally different story... but paisei to try for too long at the shop while the sales is with me... dun wan to bother them too much... keke... trying to get use to their size too.. me too used to my big size watch.. keke

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
        Well said bro.. its exactly how you describe it to be.. I could not have said it any better...

Pingpong, try it on yourself... go with your heart more than anything else.... Just to add.. if the purchase is for keeps, dun bother whatever resale value etc... YOu need to be certain of that FEELING OF EXTREME SATISFACTION... then you know you made the correct decision..

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
          It's listing at 8K after the recent price hike. Discount wise, gotta check with the ADs. Shld be around 10+/-5% depends on how one negotiates
          piangz! shoot so high. Oz price kenna chop carrot head already and now SG price increase too. my perth AD say she can sell me at pre-increase price, but i have to be a quiet. quoted AU$7055 with tax. can claim 100% tax (~A$640) from gov't.

but i dont remember seeing many expII in second hand shop - harder to find maybe?
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            piangz! shoot so high. Oz price kenna chop carrot head already and now SG price increase too. my perth AD say she can sell me at pre-increase price, but i have to be a quiet. quoted AU$7055 with tax. can claim 100% tax (~A$640) from gov't.

but i dont remember seeing many expII in second hand shop - harder to find maybe?
            perth AD? which shop? can share?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

ya man... seeing them on the net, seeing them for real and trying on totally different story... but paisei to try for too long at the shop while the sales is with me... dun wan to bother them too much... keke... trying to get use to their size too.. me too used to my big size watch.. keke

Happy hunting! Im hunting too..haha

I hv not really try all of the different models physically. I think we hv the same taste.. sub date, exp II, GMT. but where can i try all and not being cursed?? advice?

Comment

don't think you will be cursed ... not so serious la... at least not in front of u... haha... I think most of the shop selling rollie are quite used to ppl browsing and not buying la... rollie not cheap you know... not like buying veggie... keke..

I had quite a good experience at Watch Palace.

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post
                Happy hunting! Im hunting too..haha

I hv not really try all of the different models physically. I think we hv the same taste.. sub date, exp II, GMT. but where can i try all and not being cursed?? advice?

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  perth AD? which shop? can share?
                  sure can,why cannot share name with this group. its the only one too so even if i dont tell you, you can easily find out

http://rosendorffs.com/

address: 677 Hay Street Mall Perth
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    sure can,why cannot share name with this group. its the only one too so even if i dont tell you, you can easily find out

http://rosendorffs.com/

address: 677 Hay Street Mall Perth
                    cheers. thanks.

u stay in perth? will be heading there later part of this year.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      cheers. thanks.

u stay in perth? will be heading there later part of this year.
                      born and bred in perth to s'porean parents who migrated donkey years ago

i do however go back often to give my uncle a helping hand (and an excuse to look at new watches)
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi,

just back from my rollie window shopping adventure today ard Lucky Plaza..

1st Stop THG @ Ngee Ann City... only got Ex II, SD and Sub w/o Date. hmmm...wah.. no discount from list price.. sianz... liao...

Next stop.. Watch Palace... waliao... whole shop sell only rollie! no joke.. keke.. sorrie i suaku,... the staff is very frenly... gave the best price compared to all the shops too... but hor the Sub Date like really no discount at all...

went THH too... wah.. sianz... no stock for most prof series.. also give only like 5-10% discount...

lastly popped by THG @ Tangs... the uncle there willing to give a little discount but need to chk with his mgr..

My Conclusion:

actually my first choice was the SD before seeing all the actual rollies.. reason was i dun really fancy the cyclop of the Ex II and Sub/Date... but after seeing the real things.. i liked the design/look of the black Ex II best but if w/o the cyclop would be best....the SD and Sub/Date just didn't work for me and my CFO... now gotta count $ in the bank see got enuf or not..

on a side note... the GMT IIc is really BEST la.. if only I have 10.8k now....
                        Is the price still 10.8k after 14 Mar? I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
                          Is the price still 10.8k after 14 Mar? I don't think so
                          after 14 Mar? ar? now still 10.8k for the GMT IIc leh.. keke...but i still do not have the $$$

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X