Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer II vs SD/Sub

Hi,

just back from my rollie window shopping adventure today ard Lucky Plaza..

1st Stop THG @ Ngee Ann City... only got Ex II, SD and Sub w/o Date. hmmm...wah.. no discount from list price.. sianz... liao...

Next stop.. Watch Palace... waliao... whole shop sell only rollie! no joke.. keke.. sorrie i suaku,... the staff is very frenly... gave the best price compared to all the shops too... but hor the Sub Date like really no discount at all...

went THH too... wah.. sianz... no stock for most prof series.. also give only like 5-10% discount...

lastly popped by THG @ Tangs... the uncle there willing to give a little discount but need to chk with his mgr..

My Conclusion:

actually my first choice was the SD before seeing all the actual rollies.. reason was i dun really fancy the cyclop of the Ex II and Sub/Date... but after seeing the real things.. i liked the design/look of the black Ex II best but if w/o the cyclop would be best....the SD and Sub/Date just didn't work for me and my CFO... now gotta count $ in the bank see got enuf or not..

on a side note... the GMT IIc is really BEST la.. if only I have 10.8k now....

I'm afraid if you want a date feature in a Rolex but don't want a cyclops, then the SD is perhaps your only choice. I would also suggest you go the pre-owned Rolex route if brand new ones are at a premium now without the discounts. I'm sure you can find a couple of nice pieces here at the sales corner from reputable sellers and most are willing to meet up for verification at RSC. Juz a suggestion
    HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

ya... but the Ex II looks cool too... think i just need more time to 'accept' the cyclop.. also the Ex II is 1K cheaper than the SD.......

keke... money still in my pocket.. so got lot of time to think.. will decide after 08 basel

cheers

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
      I'm afraid if you want a date feature in a Rolex but don't want a cyclops, then the SD is perhaps your only choice. I would also suggest you go the pre-owned Rolex route if brand new ones are at a premium now without the discounts. I'm sure you can find a couple of nice pieces here at the sales corner from reputable sellers and most are willing to meet up for verification at RSC. Juz a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
        ya... but the Ex II looks cool too... think i just need more time to 'accept' the cyclop.. also the Ex II is 1K cheaper than the SD.......

keke... money still in my pocket.. so got lot of time to think.. will decide after 08 basel

cheers
        Sub Date is nice, Exp II is gorgeous, SD is awesome.

All 3 are excellent watches. But then, I guess your dilemna here is which to get first.

You're right. If you can wait, you may want to wait to see what Rolex has to offer after Basel 08
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

haha... and the GMT IIc is KING!

Originally posted by minusplus View Post

All 3 are excellent watches. But then, I guess your dilemna here is which to get first.

You're right. If you can wait, you may want to wait to see what Rolex has to offer after Basel 08

Comment

in my opinion i dont really fancy the seadweller, the expyII takes my fancy more, and the GMTIIc now starting to smile at me too sians.... so many watch smile at me, but not enough money
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

like i have mentioned this before. when in doubt, buy all. then u got only 2 kinds of regret. one is regret buying. the other is regret buying.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

guess it is everyone's wish to buy all watches they fancy.. .but unfortunately not all wishes will come true....

for me... i will be happy (for the time being) with the Ex II...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                like i have mentioned this before. when in doubt, buy all. then u got only 2 kinds of regret. one is regret buying. the other is regret buying.

Comment

Huh...???
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                    guess it is everyone's wish to buy all watches they fancy.. .but unfortunately not all wishes will come true....

for me... i will be happy (for the time being) with the Ex II...
                    any idea now explorer ll selling how much?

Comment

pingpong, dun rush into buying anything when u r undecided. u must hv that "feeling" when u try on the model. that being said, think you hv already set your mind on the black explorer II.

like you, i was also in two hearts before i got my SD. reason was cos i didn't really fancy the cyclops but polar exp II has been an absolutle fave since childhood.

but my AD was gracious enuff to let me try the subbie, gmt IIc, exp II and SD. i held the watches individually but both gmt-IIc & subbie somehow didn't appeal to me. i then put on the SD and from that instant, it was not necessary for me to try any other models liao. words fail to describe how i felt at that moment. self-delusion some may say but as long as it floats my boat, no one's gonna rock it!

go with whatever you heart tells you and when yr precious arrivesm share yr joy with us. good luck!
                      Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                      "Foreign affections"
                      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                      2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                      3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                      4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                      What's NEXT?

Comment

Well said bro.. its exactly how you describe it to be.. I could not have said it any better...

Pingpong, try it on yourself... go with your heart more than anything else.... Just to add.. if the purchase is for keeps, dun bother whatever resale value etc... YOu need to be certain of that FEELING OF EXTREME SATISFACTION... then you know you made the correct decision..

Good luck!!

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                        pingpong, dun rush into buying anything when u r undecided. u must hv that "feeling" when u try on the model....

.... i held the watches individually but both gmt-IIc & subbie somehow didn't appeal to me. i then put on the SD and from that instant, it was not necessary for me to try any other models liao. words fail to describe how i felt at that moment. self-delusion some may say but as long as it floats my boat, no one's gonna rock it! .....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by IwcBigPilot View Post
                          any idea now explorer ll selling how much?
                          i believe sg$6.5k (or thereabouts)
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            i believe sg$6.5k (or thereabouts)
                            It's listing at 8K after the recent price hike. Discount wise, gotta check with the ADs. Shld be around 10+/-5% depends on how one negotiates
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

It's listing at 8K after the recent price hike. Discount wise, gotta check with the ADs. Shld be around 10+/-5% depends on how one negotiates
                              ya... i think $6.5k is old price liao... list price is 8097 to be exact... ai.......

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X