No announcement yet.

Casual talk on prices for rolex watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yo eric made up your mind on which one to get?

i just went hour glass last week. couldn't get discount, of course im not a regular and i didn't have money on the table.
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

• Originally posted by daytona8 View Post
      Hi there, I am looking at a pre-owned D series yellow gold daytona 116528 with white dial with diamonds. Price quoted is S$23,500. Is this a good price?
      Gold watches can push 1 the price...

Originally posted by ericsnow View Post
      Hi ppl, do let me know what is the best price and best place to get the SS GMT IIc. Looked through the thread, looks like some ppl are able to get discount off the retail price $9559. Thank you!

Hahaha I wish I know where to give u the best price and best place as it varies from person to person

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Gold watches can push 1 the price...
        Thanks for the advice. Generally how much can we push - 10%? Maybe 20%?

Comment

• Originally posted by fallraen View Post
          yo eric made up your mind on which one to get?

i just went hour glass last week. couldn't get discount, of course im not a regular and i didn't have money on the table.
          Haha fallraen, you are?

Darkangel: no worries but do update me if you have lobang. Cheers!
          - Rolex GMT II Ceramic V Series
          - Panerai PAM 90 L Series

Comment

• hmm mktplace got quite a few SS GMTIIC gg for reasonable prices.

unless you prefer to get from local AD then you would need to pull some brudders here to buy on your behalf if you want to get discount for SS GMTIIC
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• Hi, i will be heading to sg in a couple of months. Do prices of rolexes go down during christmas/chinese new year time? Its my 2nd time in sg and im looking for ss sub or ss gmtII and possibly just checking mid-size half gold yachtmaster prices too.

Also when you say pay in cash, is that direct deposit from a bank account? If i use credit card is that still = cash? I dont think i can bring more than 10k sg paper notes in or do i open an account in sg and transfer money there. Still new to overseas shopping ^^.

Comment

• if im from overseas going to sg, how do i pay by cash like do i need like a bank account there to transfer money to or a credit card is enough? I dont think i can bring more than 10k paper notes . Still new to overseas shopping.

Also im after ss sub and half gold mid size yachtmaster prices. Will be my 2nd time going to sg.

Comment

• price of rolex never go down. it always go up. only difference is that the discount is less or non-existent during christmas and chinese new year.

i was just informed by one of the AD that handles rolex that discount has shrunk by 5% for ladies DJ models. popular sports models like sub discount is zero currently. explorer I may get 5%.

if u pay in cash, u just hand it over to the sales staff and you get your watch.

CC =/= cash. cash discount is usually better than CC.

if u want to bring in more than the allowed amount, just keep quiet. notes in big denominations are less obvious.

Originally posted by spoony View Post
                  Do prices of rolexes go down during christmas/chinese new year time?

Also when you say pay in cash, is that direct deposit from a bank account? If i use credit card is that still = cash? I dont think i can bring more than 10k sg paper notes in or do i open an account in sg and transfer money there. Still new to overseas shopping ^^.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by spoony View Post
                    if im from overseas going to sg, how do i pay by cash like do i need like a bank account there to transfer money to or a credit card is enough? I dont think i can bring more than 10k paper notes . Still new to overseas shopping.

Also im after ss sub and half gold mid size yachtmaster prices. Will be my 2nd time going to sg.
                    I thought is not more than 30k sing dollars..

Comment

• I dont even want to bring more than 10k cash overseas, let alone know how to withdraw that 30k and exchange it. Highest notes here is only $100.

Comment

• Originally posted by spoony View Post
                        I dont even want to bring more than 10k cash overseas, let alone know how to withdraw that 30k and exchange it. Highest notes here is only $100.
                        Hmm.. $100.. China?

You can try tis way> Go bank buy bank draft 银行汇票, travellers cheqe。pay to ur own name, come to a bank in 新 to take $.

If you are from china, can use dbs,hsbc, 工商银行,农民,中国银行。
                        Money Money come to me.

Comment

• How certain are people that there are no discounts over Christmas? I am going to Singa over Christmas and hope to pick up an SS Sub Date and an Explorer II.

I have been in contact with The Hour Glass and they say they can offer a 5%discount on Sub SS Date. Not sure about Explorer II, does anyone know?

Also every AD here in London say prices will go up by 10-15% in January . Might be better off getting the watches now seeing I might not be able to get any discounts in Singa and prices are likely to go up in Jan.

Any views?

Comment

• Originally posted by Puffy View Post
                            How certain are people that there are no discounts over Christmas? I am going to Singa over Christmas and hope to pick up an SS Sub Date and an Explorer II.

I have been in contact with The Hour Glass and they say they can offer a 5%discount on Sub SS Date. Not sure about Explorer II, does anyone know?

Also every AD here in London say prices will go up by 10-15% in January . Might be better off getting the watches now seeing I might not be able to get any discounts in Singa and prices are likely to go up in Jan.

Any views?
                            Exp II you can get up to 10+%

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Hi, I just went ION yesterday. A 15% discount was given for the new 116613. Same price for both blue or black dial. No diff. for cash or CC.
                              is it a good deal ?

cheers

Comment

• cash can push slighty more discount. up to 3% if i not mistaken
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X