Need advice - which GMT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice - which GMT?

I'm thinking of getting a Rolex GMT next but am torn between the older 16710 or the newer 116710. Obviously, the newer one comes with ceramic bezel but I've also tried the watch and it seems it a little too chunky and the worst part is that the polished parts of the bracelet is easily scratched. The older one is nearly 2K cheaper (used of cos) with older bracelet but comes with the red hand which I prefer. Both dial looks equally stunning to me. Since I'll probably be wearing it as a daily watch, it makes more sense to get the oider one to bang around but then again, if I were to spend the money, might as well as get the latest model for better investment value. Decisions, decisions! Anyone who has owned both can comment?

i suggest you go for the newer gmt II C, you're right when you said that its the latest model and that would definitely hold better value. another thing is that the trend right now is towards the ceramic bezels. the new bracelet does has polished parts, but it can easily be restored when you bring it to the service center for buffing. last thing is that the green arrow on the new one would always hold more meaning for a rolex fanatic since green is the color of rolex. so in this case...green is better than red

cheers!

Comment

Why not try on the 2 watches and see which watch suit you most and you love it?

From your thread, your comment looks more you are on the old model side.

Cheerio,

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice...btw, found a good website with a detailed comparison of both the older and newer GMT2.

http://www.minus4plus6.com/116710.htm

Comment

My 2 cents worth is to get the older one.The newer Ceramic will be around for a little while more,whereas the older will be gone soon.Will be a 'collector's' in time.
          Rolex SS Daytona 116520 White Dial D-Series
          Rolex GMT ll 16710 D-Series (stick fonts)
          Rolex Explorer 2 16570 White K-Series
          IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto 371417
          Panerai 112L
          Tag Heuer SS 2000 Series Boy Size - Circa 1986
          Vulcain SS Black Roman Dial - Circa 1984
          Favre Leuba SeaKing - Circa *very old*
          Sideras Pocket Watch - Circa *very old*
          My Grandma's Ladies Breitling in Gold Bracelet - Circa 1920

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile