Poll: My first Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
    Seems like everyone here is going for either Sub LV or GMT2c...

just wondering why no one recommend Yatch-Master? I thought it is quite a nice piece and I quite like its shiny platinum bezel.

And actually the DSSD dial is abit too cluttered for my liking.... prefer the old seadweller dial that doesn't have so many words.
    Bro, its a bit hard to flip tats y.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
      Bro, its a bit hard to flip tats y.
      agree with bro Nooch on this, Ym quite hard to flip. Consider GMT2c if you want the gmt function or the Sub date.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

hmm i see... yes, quite hard to find YM on 2nd hand market too and I think GMT2c looks better than Explorer 2, its more fancy not so much 'steel'.

Sub date seems rather popular and cheaper too, was thinking LV but afraid might get bored of the green but then again, I can't think of any other watch I would like to have 'green' in.

thanks guys I think I have really narrowed down my choice. if I could I'd really like to get a GMT2c and a Milgauss GV. But way out of budget... going to do homework on brand new and pre-owned now.

Perhaps if anyone else wants to get, we can go shopping at the end of year meet-ups then we scare the AD.
        fallraen
        "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

hmm i see... yes, quite hard to find YM on 2nd hand market too and I think GMT2c looks better than Explorer 2, its more fancy not so much 'steel'.

Sub date seems rather popular and cheaper too, was thinking LV but afraid might get bored of the green but then again, I can't think of any other watch I would like to have 'green' in.

thanks guys I think I have really narrowed down my choice. if I could I'd really like to get a GMT2c and a Milgauss GV. But way out of budget... going to do homework on brand new and pre-owned now.

Perhaps if anyone else wants to get, we can go shopping at the end of year meet-ups then we scare the AD.
          YM preowned not that hard to find...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Gmt2c >sub

I like the cal 3160 (iirc) the special hair spring is new technology in rolex.

Anyway preowned gmt price already soften and the diff is 1k> as compare to preowned sub.

Comment

ah i see. will have to check out more about these movements.
              fallraen
              "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

ah i see. will have to check out more about these movements.
                Good luck in your search.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Sub LV

My choice is the sub lv. Are you sporty? The sub lv looks amazing on those who sport a nice tan! That will no doubt be my first rolex. Otherwise the GMTIIc is a lovely watch as well. heh

Comment

I find the DSSD doesn't sit well on our Asian wrists, heavy, and it'll burst your 10k budget anyway. Think you can't go wrong with a sub with date. If you're like me, who doesn't like the cyclops (date magnifying glass), then the discontinued SD is an option. I personally find the GMT bezel a bit 'busy' for my liking... YM? hmmm... not the most popular I reckon, but get what you like lah

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X