No announcement yet.

Polishing Cloth - Cape Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, just got the cloth on Last Sat at HomeFix DIY store, Lot 1. There were still 5 pieces left... S$7.9 is cheaper compare to JW...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
      Hi Guys, just got the cloth on Last Sat at HomeFix DIY store, Lot 1. There were still 5 pieces left... S$7.9 is cheaper compare to JW...
      At which section of shop ? I searched thru' at the section that display all the polishing stuff, but couldn't find
      cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
      1. Rolex Sub ND (14060M - F series)
      2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
      1. Rolex SS DJ (116200 - M series)
      2. Rolex TT Blue Sub (16613 - M series)
      3. Rolex White Dial Explorer 2 (16570 - V series)
      4. Glycine Incursore 46mm automatic
      5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
      1. PAM (0, 5, 111, 112 or 104)
      2. Deepsea

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil View Post
        At which section of shop ? I searched thru' at the section that display all the polishing stuff, but couldn't find
        opposite wall reference to the entrance, selling all the cleaning cloth, or you should ask the salesmen for assistance, they can check through the computer... Ask and your wish will come through.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
          Can anyone advise how often can we use the cap Cod Metal Polishing Cloth? Does anyone own the ultra sound cleaning device for your rolexes? Please share Thank you..
          using an ultrasonic cleaner for watches is a no-no for me. there are some cleaners sold by the DIY store in marina. did a search in WUS and found out that the cleaner is only used when the entire watch is stripped apart for servicing. not sure how true it is though but better safe than sorry.

as for the frequency of using capecod cloth on the bracelets, not too often i guess, maybe once every 3-6 months? from my personal experience, both the bracelets of my SD & PO had some lights scratches from daily wear and I just could not stop thinking abt it.

so I decided to try on these two babies. prepare a static-free cloth or some high quality jewellery cloth for buffing. use the capecod to gently go over the bracelet in one single direction. once the "cream" is applied on the bracelet, use the cloth to buff off the "cream" in one single direction again. trust me, this method works like a charm and the scratches just seem to vanish even when i use a 5Xloupe to scrutinise. dun worry abt the brushed surface wearing off and becoming polished. u'd prob need a dremel drill to effect such a change.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            so I decided to try on these two babies. prepare a static-free cloth or some high quality jewellery cloth for buffing. use the capecod to gently go over the bracelet in one single direction. once the "cream" is applied on the bracelet, use the cloth to buff off the "cream" in one single direction again. trust me, this method works like a charm and the scratches just seem to vanish even when i use a 5Xloupe to scrutinise. dun worry abt the brushed surface wearing off and becoming polished. u'd prob need a dremel drill to effect such a change.
            pls dun bro.. i actually tried the capecod on my seiko's brushed portion. (just for the sake of trying..)
            it went from brushed to chrome in a matter of minutes!
            dun know if it's the quality of SS between the two or the amount of strength applied.. but i've been there, done that, with my own hands!
            now my seiko chrono..
            [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
            Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Any idea how RSC removes the scratches on your watch?

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                pls dun bro.. i actually tried the capecod on my seiko's brushed portion. (just for the sake of trying..)
                it went from brushed to chrome in a matter of minutes!
                dun know if it's the quality of SS between the two or the amount of strength applied.. but i've been there, done that, with my own hands!
                now my seiko chrono..
                on the contrary, i tried it on both bracelets but controlled strength in buffing off the liquid. scratches gone and the brushed surface still remains the same. pity i dun hv a digicam otherwise can take some macro pics to show u.

u r absolutely rite in saying that the quality of the ss and amount of strength applied are variable components in altering the look of the metal.

anyway, both bracelets look brand new so i'll prob wait another 3 months or so to touch up on my SD bracelet. i def won't use gentle looking at the way my wife wears the SD, it's pretty nerve-wrenching at times.
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                What's NEXT?

Comment

Thanks for the trial and error sharing.

There are still some pieces of Cape Cob polishing cloth left at Lot 1 HomeFix.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

i will update further once i get my dremel tool for buffing of watch cases but def not on my babies. perhaps try it on one of my seiko chronos.

lots of capecod left at DIY@Marina.

there's another brand of cloth that's purportedly far better than cape. brand is pioneer or shinco if i recall correctly. do a search using "polishing" at WUS forums.
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                      i will update further once i get my dremel tool for buffing of watch cases but def not on my babies. perhaps try it on one of my seiko chronos.

lots of capecod left at DIY@Marina.

there's another brand of cloth that's purportedly far better than cape. brand is pioneer or shinco if i recall correctly. do a search using "polishing" at WUS forums.
                      Power tool is difficult to handle, and it required alot of skill and patient... wish you luck.

Thanks will try to look out for the pioneer and shinco...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

yo folks, so darn frustrated that i could not locate the box & papers of my PO so decided to take my babies out for a little cleaning. didn't realise that the AR coating on my brother's Sinn U2 had some hairline scratches. since i was peeved and my wife was busy with wii fit, i did a search on DIY removal of AR coating in WUS forums & discovered that capecod is also an alternative to removing AR coating.

So decided to try it on my brother's watch. as i swirled the capecod round with considerable strength.after 20mins, i realised that the crystal started to get really bluish and smudgy, i knew i was in deepsh*t. then i quickly used the oakley cleaning solution and cleaned up the crystal. lo & behold, the ar coating was GONE i am not kidding.all hairlines were also gone. all that remains is a perfect sapphire crystal free of scratches. from today onwards, gonna try on all my watches with my AR coating.

disclaimer: DIY removal of AR coating of yr watches is done at yr own risk.
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

Good trial and error, and thanks for sharing.

I have used the cape cob to polish my wife's TT DJ, wow, at instant when the cloth touches the gold polished surface, you can see the 'red' tarnish disappear, the watch is now look like brand new. The trouble of masking taping the DJ is worth the effort.

I sold the idea to my buddy and he let me polish his tarnished Daytona TT, this time I did not mask the watch, just carefully polish the gold parts, the result is so good that he bought me dinner that evening...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Wah ! Didn't knw cape cod planted so many agents in here to promote for it!! hahaha........
                            kidding la

Comment

Polishing Cloth - Cape Cod

Have chanced upon Thomas Plaza DIY store and found they have the stocks available and bought one but haven't try it out yet. Price at $7.90

For those members who wish to get it may try there as there are still 7 to 8 packs left.

Cheer.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Got a pack last month for $15/- in one of the pre owned watch dealer near shenton way/chinatown. Never will buy from them again

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X