Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 3 Rolexes to keep

Dear forumers,
    I have 8 Rolex sport watches. All are not getting enough wrist time and sleeping in the safe box most of the time. I am considering reducing the Rolex watches to 3 but I can’t decide which 3 to be kept for the rational stated next to the model:

M series Daytona black dial: The master of Rolex sport model and the most appealing chronograph. It is like a must have for a watch enthusiast. A cult chronograph watch and no other chronograph come close to it.
    M series Explorer 2 white face: This one came with the 3186 movement and there are only 3 white faces from Rolex sports model. The other 2 are Daytona and Milgause.
    Z series Blue Sub: I love the beauty of the blue face. The blue colour of this discontinued blue sub look refreshing and stunning and it is the only Rolex sport model with blue face.
    Z series Platinum/SS Yacht Master: I love the unique silver dial, red second hand, curve case and the only platinum bezel. The most dressy sport model.
    Z series Seadweller: The discontinued SD (including the DS) is the only Rolex sport watch with date but without a Cyclops. The toughest Rolex sport watch.
    Z series Green Sub: Sub is a classic and I love the green bezel and the maxi dial. This would probably discontinue when the new SS sub release.
    Y series GMT II 16713, half gold: My first Rolex and I like the dial with the golden letterings and marking that shared with the 18K model. Unlike the new GMT IIC, the SS TT and 18K black dial shared the same dial with white letterings, only the 18K anniversary model (green face) with gold lettering. I see a dozen of SS GMT and it is rare to find this discontinued half gold GMT.
    Y series Explorer: I love the simplicity of the dial, timeless classic design and comfort on the wrist.

I may sound like that it is better to keep all but if you are in my position. What are the 3 you would keep or which are the ones that you think should not keep and your rationales. Let keep the discussion going. Thank you.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...ywatchgp3b.jpg

If u ask me?

Exp II,Daytona,Sub LV.

My personal favs

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Daytona, Explorer2, Blue Sub

If cannot decide, based on elimination, 1st in line is ... YatchMaster

If getting rid based on best resale, 1st in line is ... Sea Dewller

Comment

Originally posted by Randonneur View Post
        Dear forumers,
        I have 8 Rolex sport watches. All are not getting enough wrist time and sleeping in the safe box most of the time. I am considering reducing the Rolex watches to 3 but I can’t decide which 3 to be kept for the rational stated next to the model:

M series Daytona black dial: The master of Rolex sport model and the most appealing chronograph. It is like a must have for a watch enthusiast. A cult chronograph watch and no other chronograph come close to it.
        M series Explorer 2 white face: This one came with the 3186 movement and there are only 3 white faces from Rolex sports model. The other 2 are Daytona and Milgause.
        Z series Blue Sub: I love the beauty of the blue face. The blue colour of this discontinued blue sub look refreshing and stunning and it is the only Rolex sport model with blue face.
        Z series Platinum/SS Yacht Master: I love the unique silver dial, red second hand, curve case and the only platinum bezel. The most dressy sport model.
        Z series Seadweller: The discontinued SD (including the DS) is the only Rolex sport watch with date but without a Cyclops. The toughest Rolex sport watch.
        Z series Green Sub: Sub is a classic and I love the green bezel and the maxi dial. This would probably discontinue when the new SS sub release.
        Y series GMT II 16713, half gold: My first Rolex and I like the dial with the golden letterings and marking that shared with the 18K model. Unlike the new GMT IIC, the SS TT and 18K black dial shared the same dial with white letterings, only the 18K anniversary model (green face) with gold lettering. I see a dozen of SS GMT and it is rare to find this discontinued half gold GMT.
        Y series Explorer: I love the simplicity of the dial, timeless classic design and comfort on the wrist.

I may sound like that it is better to keep all but if you are in my position. What are the 3 you would keep or which are the ones that you think should not keep and your rationales. Let keep the discussion going. Thank you.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...ywatchgp3b.jpg
        My preferred choices are those highlighted: must have date function.

Comment

Nice collection!

Very nice collection you have there! Well, if I were you, would go for;

1. Black daytona - definitely a keeper
          2. GMT II TT - it's your first rolex and a nice one too!
          3. Blue/Green Sub - it's a toss up between the blue and green sub. The green looks nicer but i think the blue is more collectable and unique.

Tough choice there mate..I would rather keep 5 - one for every day!

Comment

exp II, ym and sub
            Opportunities come once

Comment

Daytona,GMT II and the EXP II.
              Rolex SS Daytona 116520 White Dial D-Series
              Rolex GMT ll 16710 D-Series (stick fonts)
              Rolex Explorer 2 16570 White K-Series
              IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto 371417
              Panerai 112L
              Tag Heuer SS 2000 Series Boy Size - Circa 1986
              Vulcain SS Black Roman Dial - Circa 1984
              Favre Leuba SeaKing - Circa *very old*
              Sideras Pocket Watch - Circa *very old*
              My Grandma's Ladies Breitling in Gold Bracelet - Circa 1920

Comment

If given a choice,Daytona,GMT II and Sub LV.

Comment

My pick would be Daytona , Blue Sub and Explorer II .
                  Daytona as its king of rolex sports , TT blue sub for the fomal dinner and also just to have at least 1 TT watch ,and finally Explorer for travelling overseas cos of the GMT function .
                  Focal JM_Labs .
                  "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                  Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                  Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                  Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                  Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                  Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                  Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                  Cartier Santos 100XL
                  Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

I will keep :

1) Daytona
                    2) Yacht Master
                    3) Seadweller

Comment

looks like the daytona is a must keep and I cant agree more

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

1) daytona for sure
                        2) GMT2
                        3) one of the subs

Comment

You got a nice collection!

My pick:

1) GMT II
                          2) Daytona
                          3) Green sub
                          Rolex Submariner 16610 LV

Rolex SS GMT II 116710 LN

Comment

easy.

1. daytona - must hv
                            2. gmt - half gold,time zone
                            3. SD - rugged

complete collection....

Comment

What a collection! An enviable dilemma... My choice would be

1. Blue sub
                              2. Black Daytona
                              3. White Explorer II

Personally I like to have different dial colors to match my mood and attire

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X