Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Fast CAR to blink blink ROLEX

hi bros ,

i spend lotsa money on car mods and recently sian liao dun wanna play car(many thanx to Mr LTA) wanna start play blink blink Rollie after seeing my KL supplier get a green sub last week wa sei tio poison he told me 3 reason to start collecting rollie rather then modify cars

1)resale value much better then car racing parts (investment)
    2) when u go clubbing or do networking babes or clients not gonna drool over your speed demon infact the chances are they would admire your rollie 99%(status aka face value)
    3)nowadays economic up up down down left left right right one fine day biz no good need cash for rolling wah phiang try taking your car gear box go pawn shop they would tell you its worth the scrapyard if its rollie different liao (safety feature)

.......guys any more reasons? not getting a rollie

You've answered them all!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I totally second that emotion. Cos I used to play cars too
      The amount of cash lost, could buy me plenty of Rollies too

Comment

Me too , switch from Mod cars to watch , In fact , nowadays still mod lah , but cut down alot , now only upgrade my ICE only .
        Focal JM_Labs .
        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
        Cartier Santos 100XL
        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Me stopped long long time liao, now drive standard specs car. Don't even want to mod or charge anything. Rather save the money to buy Rolex....

Comment

Yah bro... it a wise decision. I used to mod car too, spend too much $$$$$ into it and end day when sell the parts it doesn't worth much.

Though now still got do abit of aesthetics mod here & there but more into ICE as Bro Brabus.
            My Timepieces Collection
            Rolex DeepSea Seadweller
            Rolex Explorer II
            Panerai PAM 00088
            IWC Portuguese 7 Days
            Tag Heuer Carrera
            Tag Heuer Monaco

Desired and waiting
            Rolex TT GMTIIc

Sold Timepiece : Oris William F1 Day Date, Oris TT3 Grand Prix, Rolex Sub LV, Rolex DJ Turn O Graph, Omega Seamaster P.O 45.5mm, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11, Rolex Explorer II White, Rolex TT GMTIIc, Rolex GMT II Pepsi, Rolex Sea Dweller, Rolex SS Daytona Black, Rolex SS Yatchmaster

Comment

Rolex is poison.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Good choice! I dont mod car but decide against spending too much on car as it only depreciates. Worse for mod parts.

Better go buy Rolex, PP, AP, PAM etc... Guaranteed more attention than car unless you driving Ferrari, LAmbo, Aston... (not that i can afford Rolex, PP, AP, PAM...)

Guaranteed retain more value end of 10yrs with the right watches.

Feel good, looks good, can pawn

For some who live a Initial D life n go tracking, its still money well spend IMO.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Absolutely correct, I used have a set of wheels for S$7k. A set of ICE for S$9k. When I sold my car, everything also went together with it, together with the car depreciation. I was so silly
                  While watches are gonna be with us for a long time. In fact, the longer we hold on, it's value may either be sustainable or even increase (if lucky)

Comment

HI

Originally posted by oliginal View Post
                    Yah bro... it a wise decision. I used to mod car too, spend too much $$$$$ into it and end day when sell the parts it doesn't worth much.

Though now still got do abit of aesthetics mod here & there but more into ICE as Bro Brabus.
                    Hi bro,
                    Most of the parts from our car when sell 2nd hand , if lucky can get back around 50% of what we paid , but that has to include the labour charges , so what we really got back maybe like 30-40% of our cost , really not worth it .

ICE still ok , at least can fetch around 60-70% when resale , I've been upgrading my stuffs and selling the used ones , IMO , even if dun wanna sell still can port over to next car unlike performance parts , have to go with the car or sell to owners driving same make of car .
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

Looks like I learnt alot from the UNCLES here hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Looks like I learnt alot from the UNCLES here hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

great to hear all the replies.......today just got quotation for my car insurance wha phiang nearly fainted thanx to higher premiums

Subaru Sti 07 eurospec
                          Age 28
                          single
                          mcd 0
                          1)insurance $4600 AXA (AIG Quote $4800) last year $2800

2)Road Tax 2500cc $1600

Total============>$6200

i can get a GMT ....LV SUB with that cash yeaaah! faint fainting fainted

Comment

I was quoted 4.6k for my Volvo T4 , many years ago , back than i was 23 .
                            0 NCD too .
                            Focal JM_Labs .
                            "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Cartier Santos 100XL

Comment

i dont think that you should look @ rolex as a alternative form of investment.

in the past, the production numbers are smaller compared to current. this can be partly attribute to the high resale value. but if you look @ the current production number, do you think prices will increase so much? if yes, how many years down the road. my explorer II bought in 1990 was 3k. now in 2009, the resale value is about the same or slightly better. that is taken into consideration of full box papers. i mean ~15 years to break even. i think that there are better ROI for BNIB pieces.

the value of rolex do not fall so much especially if you get preown ones because the owners of the BNIB pieces will cushion bulk of the depreciation value.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X