X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexera
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    my uncle call it survival course. he make me travel in europe (france + germany). with very simple rules

1) taking taxi = automatic fail
    2) stretch your dollar (euro)
    3) make sure timing is accurate
    4) sense of direction
    5) travelling on subway without getting lost
    6) driving whenever possible so that i can make quick decisions on the road

until now all my friend want me to be their partner if go o'seas, since i got many experience.

also learn to travel with as little as possible

Eversince i got my Rolexs, rest of my watches kena whack into 'cold palace'.........
    Last edited by alexera; 05-04-08, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    my uncle call it survival course. he make me travel in europe (france + germany). with very simple rules

4) sense of direction

until now all my friend want me to be their partner if go o'seas, since i got many experience.

Wah...that's really like survivial course

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Yah. I dunno why but only my tagH gives me te "ba wu" le. I dun sense anything wif my ROLEX. Both r SS anyway. So far, I hvnt seriously wash any of them.

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Rotating my Subbie (TOP FAVOURITE NOW), Tag 6000, Citizen Eco and Tissot TOUCH on weekdays.. Weekend, if opportunity permits, my IWC, else Subbie... Hoping with a new GMT II, have one extra watch to choose for weekdays and weekends..

Me too love clean watches.. Absolutely ANAL about having nice and clean watch on my wrist. Will try to wash them at least twice a week... Use dethol hand wash..
    Don't about you guys but for me, if I dun wash my SS bracelet watches for too long, the watch bracelet will have a funny smelly ba wu leh.. due to perspiration leh.. Any of you encounter the same??

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Wah you travel quite alot eh?

4) sense of direction

Leave a comment:

• jimjo
    replied
    Wear my babies based on mood.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
    heehee.. from day one.. I stick the transparent (with the red line) over the green sticker... well preserved.. won't fade
    Nice....lol

Leave a comment:

• miniUltraman
    replied
    Dun wash it wont drop but fade instead
    heehee.. from day one.. I stick the transparent (with the red line) over the green sticker... well preserved.. won't fade

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by miniUltraman View Post
    Wear my ExpII everyday.. to work, at home, sleep.... only take out when bathing.. never wash my watch too.. only wipe it regularly with a specs cloth... scared wash too much.. the green halo sticker drop
    Dun wash it wont drop but fade instead

Leave a comment:

• miniUltraman
    replied
    Wear my ExpII everyday.. to work, at home, sleep.... only take out when bathing.. never wash my watch too.. only wipe it regularly with a specs cloth... scared wash too much.. the green halo sticker drop

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    anywhere also got this type of nonsense, i remember when in china, my auntie warn me not to wear good watch (she is s'pore expat in beijing), i highlight m'sia, because us s'poreans travel to m'sia like going to hawker centre (or maybe thats is just me). i travel to m'sia on a daily basis for business, not just pump petrol.

when i pass s'pore immigration, i take off my watch and put in pouch and lock under my car seat. once pass m'sia immigration return, i take out and wear it.

call me kiasu i dont care, like i mentioned before, it is not the robbery, but what may follow AFTER the robbery. in perth also starting to be same thing, but as a local there, i feel quite ok.

and no i dont have patek. i only dream
    Wah you travel quite alot eh?

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Sounded like te making of darkangel.. better go tell his dad nw..
    hahaha... indeed darkangel and myself sound similar.

Originally posted by triton View Post
    not just msia, parts of europe also like that.

got patek or not?
    anywhere also got this type of nonsense, i remember when in china, my auntie warn me not to wear good watch (she is s'pore expat in beijing), i highlight m'sia, because us s'poreans travel to m'sia like going to hawker centre (or maybe thats is just me). i travel to m'sia on a daily basis for business, not just pump petrol.

when i pass s'pore immigration, i take off my watch and put in pouch and lock under my car seat. once pass m'sia immigration return, i take out and wear it.

call me kiasu i dont care, like i mentioned before, it is not the robbery, but what may follow AFTER the robbery. in perth also starting to be same thing, but as a local there, i feel quite ok.

and no i dont have patek. i only dream.

Dun wash your watch to frequent esp when brand new. Wash after like 2 weeks or something

Get used to it
    if dirty then wash, if not leave it. however once you wash it, i think you will want to continue to wash it on a regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by alhp View Post
    I saw kirei kirei soap at the supermart and bought it...taking up your advice to use it to wash my watch...have yet to try...kind of scared to put it under running water...

Ever since i bought my watch last wk...i've been wearing it everyday...I'm the kind that doesnt leave home without a watch....just kind of curious...does wearing a rolex attract unnecessary attention?? after all...it's like wearing close to a ten grands on your wrist.
    Dun wash your watch to frequent esp when brand new. Wash after like 2 weeks or something

Get used to it

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    for me, after 1 week, the need to wear it daily wears off.

when u got a few more watches, u will rotate them. sometimes not enough.

wearing rolex will definitely attract attention especially if you look younger than the age of average rolex wearer. some people will tend to say aiya, cannot afford real one, this must be fake. other will say so aunite/uncle. dont be bothered, so long as wearing it makes you happy.

so far, never cared if the watch value is 100 or 1000. so long as i like wearing it, will wear it. never bothered about if it attracts unwanted attention.
    True...new watch liddat 1. Yeah lor...wear rolex will attract alot of attention like UNCLE PET....haha. LOL....

I totally agree with Triton kor kor!! haha

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Sounded like te making of darkangel.. better go tell his dad nw..
    Hahaha....he does sound like me though

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    yes, wearing a rolex does attract unnecessary attention.... i would advise against wearing into m'sia. just not worth it, it is not the watch it is their "respect" for your life. that is worse in my opinion, of course some will disagree with me.

ive found in Perth, not so bad because not to many people actually look out for rolex, and other watch brands, they buy a watch to tell time, not as a piece of engineering art.

i agree with you on the younger guys(gals) wearing such a "expensive" watch. but we all know that rolex does not symbolise wealth. there are many other watch IMO that represent wealth, if that is what you want.

i have babied all my watches whether 1k or 10k. i guess ive never worn "cheap" watches, so i cannot comment. since i started to wear watch, ive always worn watches that were above what was considered normal for my age. I was always that one step ahead of my classmates. dont blame me, blame my father who introduce me to "good" watches
    since i was about ~11yo, i was wearing better watches then my teachers , once again, blame my father.
    not just msia, parts of europe also like that.

got patek or not?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X