X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-oyster
    replied
    Sharing info

When I was younger, I had a tutone Datejust. I kept the watch in a safe mainly because I found it too flashy. Eventually I sold the watch, at a loss, but never spent a single cent maintaining it.

If worn regularly, one has to put aside $100 per year or $500 every five years for servicing.

Then, I bought a SS submariner with date, and used it daily. It's distinctively Rolex, and I love this watch because it serves my daily use, and I even use it to swim. I thought to myself, what the heck, why own a submariner and not allow it to touch even the water in the swimming pool. Moreover, one can use it to run or walk and keep track of the minutes using the bezel.

Worn less regularly is a Vintage 6694. It has been serviced and look brand new. I wear it more to ensure that the mechanical parts within are kept in good running order. It not an expensive watch, but i treat this old lad with respect and safely at home in a safe

I also own a Omega limited edition 5oth anniversary moon watch. I use it too but don't take for a swim because it has less depth tolerance. I like this watch because it a winding watch which I fiddle with when bored. It spends some time in the safe.

Leave a comment:

• Nooch
    replied
    Buy it to watch and enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• rh1667
    replied
    Buy and wear

Buy for wearing, if want to keep in safe for viewing, i can do it free, just visit AD or 2nd hand watch shop.......

Leave a comment:

• psee
    replied
    I wear all my watches

Leave a comment:

• ejaan
    replied
    I wear one model a week. Why keep it in a safe?

If you've got it, flaunt it.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
    The day i got my Rolex, it with me everyday unless i go swimming with my family ( i wear my old faithfull Tag 2000 or Casio G8000 ) or play golf in JB. Safe are for us to put our jewellery, ah beng gold chains and life insurance ( Ex gf photo too )

If you don't love your Rolex, why do you buy in the first place leh ?
    Agreed!!

Well...I won't put my watches in the safe.if not really...dun buy lor!

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    mine are all safe queens...i buy them for viewing purposes only..not to tell time....hahaha....to tell time,i got my homages...i dun need a exp watch to tell time...

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    The day i got my Rolex, it with me everyday unless i go swimming with my family ( i wear my old faithfull Tag 2000 or Casio G8000 ) or play golf in JB. Safe are for us to put our jewellery, ah beng gold chains and life insurance ( Ex gf photo too )

If you don't love your Rolex, why do you buy in the first place leh ?

Leave a comment:

replied
    We wear watches, safes don't wear watches.
    Watches tell us time, they don't tell safes time.

Leave a comment:

• R-oyster
    replied
    Do you wear your Rolex /do you keep it in a safe brand new?

I found this in a forum page:

I'm very excited because I just bought my first ROLEX. The explorer 1 is defintely one of the most beutiful rolex watches I've ever desired. Now I'm concerned about 1 thing: ....... but I was wondering if I could decrease its value whenever I wore it. It's never been worn, keeps its own green sticker, original boxes, warranty, etc..

So, may I wear it sometimes or should I keep it in a safe? ....

Unquote

I wear my Rolexes and has never kept one in a safe brand new. What about
    you?

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    what happen to the watch... can i buy?
    Heh...the tax officer wearing it

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
    Wah.... its daytona ah? hahaha kum lan kia.. wasted man!
    what happen to the watch... can i buy?

Leave a comment:

• bEnd1ck
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

He damn kuku leh...he kena confiscated the 2 Daytonas la...wasted Should have worn some cheaper model then not so jialat.
    Wah.... its daytona ah? hahaha kum lan kia.. wasted man!

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    i guess low profile is good, luckily i live in a country where people dun go looking for rolex as much. as a result, you can wear and only a few people will recognise.
    Yeah no choice...hahas. If I wear confirm got people recognise...

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
    Darkangel not the only 1. Diego Maradona also wear two, submariner or some other sports model. One on each hand. He did that a couple of years ago, when he was entering Italy. At the airport, records showed that he owed hundreds of thousands dollars tax to the Italian tax dept, so both watch confiscated! hahaha.
    He damn kuku leh...he kena confiscated the 2 Daytonas la...wasted Should have worn some cheaper model then not so jialat.

Leave a comment:

• bEnd1ck
    replied
    Darkangel not the only 1. Diego Maradona also wear two, submariner or some other sports model. One on each hand. He did that a couple of years ago, when he was entering Italy. At the airport, records showed that he owed hundreds of thousands dollars tax to the Italian tax dept, so both watch confiscated! hahaha.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X