• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online Auctions

Are these for real?

(1) http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:RO...DIAL:257221522

(2) http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:RO...TONA:257081126

The picture is...but the deal is not

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Those are chicken feet . Only 10K different from real price .

The below vintage daytona paul newman is $60K different .

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:19...6263:252216416
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

These are well known cons on the yahoo website. These 2 guys operate out from yogjakarta, Indonesia. They will ask you for half or less of the amount saying you can have 3 days to check the watch before paying the balance. Once the 1st payment is in their account, whoosh! they do a "Criss Angel" and disappear with you ending up 1K+ poorer.
        Last edited by patrickchristianchang; 15-02-08, 11:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Changed to more appropriate title .
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
          U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

The deal 100% is fake. If I am the dealer I would sell to preowned shops or pawn and can get at least $14k or more.
              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
              Rolex LV submariner
              Rolex TT black submariner
              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
              Rolex Non date submariner
              Rolex Explorer2
              More...

Comment

Does this look more genuine?

http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/user/joeyqu69

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                  much better...but then i would rather go to a preowned shop at this kinda prices

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    much better...but then i would rather go to a preowned shop at this kinda prices
                    Yeah - but not many have the SS Date Subbie

Comment

my answer is no one can tell just from viewing the pictures and seeing the price. as to ALL purchases, best is meet the seller @ RSC and indicate that you want to have it verified. if seller says no, then it is likely that the deal is not so geniue.

rather than keep asking fellow forumers, is this a good deal or not? is this seller raliable or not. why not do some leg work.

go to any 2-3 reputable shops that deals with pre-owned watches and check out the pricing. these shops can be found in the FAQ section with thread title rolex shopping options - preown or new. im not saying that these shops are the go to, but rather these shops have proven to be reliable so far.

questions to give u a little headstart-

1) box and papers available?

2) which series is the watch? aka how old is the watch.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=33168

pls have a look at this topic and see if losing sleep over such an episode is worth it.

i dun mind buying ps3 amd other games from auctions cos how much can a game cost? but if the price goes beyond 500, then it's better to visit a pre-owned shop or better yet, get a new one. no point having some doubts that will bug you for a long time to come.
                        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

hihi

Yeah - but not many have the SS Date Subbie
                          yah the auction is real and if i am not wrong he is also a member of this website and many of his dealer friends.but i noticed the watches he sell mostly do not have any certs so he is a dealer that get watches from ppl and resell them. it could be the certs he kept himself to sell at a profits as the certs r very valuable. try not to get a rolex without the original cert, or else the value is not so good. it like a person without identity card. but of cos if u don mind, it ok.as for the prices whether it is cheap or not, there is really no benchmark. if u like what u see then can get it, just don't complain after that haha. anyway nice to know all u ppl out here. i just join this website for 1 day and not sure about hw it works, anyway i am a computer idiot haha. i don even know if i posted it correctly or not?

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            yah the auction is real and if i am not wrong he is also a member of this website and many of his dealer friends.but i noticed the watches he sell mostly do not have any certs so he is a dealer that get watches from ppl and resell them. it could be the certs he kept himself to sell at a profits as the certs r very valuable. try not to get a rolex without the original cert, or else the value is not so good. it like a person without identity card. but of cos if u don mind, it ok.as for the prices whether it is cheap or not, there is really no benchmark. if u like what u see then can get it, just don't complain after that haha. anyway nice to know all u ppl out here. i just join this website for 1 day and not sure about hw it works, anyway i am a computer idiot haha. i don even know if i posted it correctly or not?
                            First of all...welcome.

U sure he is a member here ah? I dun think so leh...

Certs maybe valuable,but I dun really think u can sell it,because each cert is printed with the serial number of the watch...so u cant bring it in for "free warrenty" and if the warrenty period is over....there is like no use? Correct me if I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              First of all...welcome.

U sure he is a member here ah? I dun think so leh...

Certs maybe valuable,but I dun really think u can sell it,because each cert is printed with the serial number of the watch...so u cant bring it in for "free warrenty" and if the warrenty period is over....there is like no use? Correct me if I am wrong

thanks for welcoming me. yes he is a member of this website if i am not wrong, and some of his dealer friends as u can just go to the items listed for sales. some of these items are also listed in yahoo auctions. sorry not really know about this website. is it u have to become a member of here before u can post and sell here? yes u r correct. once the warr is over, the certs cant get u free service. but to many ppl the each cert only belongs to 1 watch so it a full set. ppl don't really like the feeling of 'incomplete' . so getting a full set is important for resale value too. but of cos if u don mind it ok, as i have previously said it my earlier post.so there are ppl who sell the certs, but of cos maybe this guy got all those watch from ppls who don bother keeping certs or from ppls cant gave him their certs due to whatever reasons. maybe anyone who buy from him can ask him lor. y all your rolex no certs 1? haha. and if i am not wrong he should have a shop or maybe a service shop so he can re-touch the watches and sell them off. but he is a real guy who sells rolex. u can feel and even see him, unlike those scammers haha. as for his prices, i cant really comments as also in my earlier post, i said if u feel like it, just buy. and also for your reason that u mentioned, SS date subbie taht he sells is not so common. so ppl might get have to get it from him.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X