Would you do this to test your rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    Many of you here think that this guy is crazy by freezing his/her SUB...

but I think it is not an extreme test to his/her Rolex watch... the reason is I worn my rolex to the top of mountains for skiing many many times before (approx. external temp at ard -20degC) ... I believe the temp is not much of a difference when compared with freezing a rolex in a glass of ice water.
    If you have studied chemistry b4, water freezes at Zero degC.... so the picture is not a big deal to me.... maybe because we are staying in a hot weather country... so freezing a Rolex is something crazy for us loh....

If someone can post a picture of someone (really insane) burning a Rolex with a fire touch.... then I will shout out loud: "CRAZY!!!"
    bro, if you dun mind me saying hor, yr reasoning abit flawed... though i will not discredit it fully.....

but first of all congrats on being able to ski on top of mountains many many times....

although external temp is ard -20deg.... yr rolex wld be much warmer..... lying ard yr wrist....as wld yr body.....

... during winter holidays i have thermals on then my winter jacket and last i wld put my gloves on... cos its easier to take them out and snow doesnt get into the sleeves.... i dun put my rolex over the sleeve of my thick winter jacket... i'm not sure if u do.... but...

in any case, my point is under all that layers of insulation.... my rolex stays warm... my body stays warm.. and i dont get hypothermia within minutes of exposing myself to -20 degrees temperature....

my experience only la.....cos my chemistry c6.. but physics b3 many moons ago.......
    Last edited by ricnas1; 16-06-08, 09:56 PM.
    Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
    Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
    Submariner 16610LV 16613
    Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Ha ha ha... no offence... we are here to discuss mah... no worries, bro...

You're quite right saying that the watch is protected by sleeves and also our body temp. I don't argue with you about that.

But I want to add one point is that, if you happen to go ski again in any near future, try this... use your tongue to touch any part of your rolex for a few minutes... and see what happen....

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
      bro, if you dun mind me saying hor, yr reasoning abit flawed... though i will not discredit it fully.....

but first of all congrats on being able to ski on top of mountains many many times....

although external temp is ard -20deg.... yr rolex wld be much warmer..... lying ard yr wrist....as wld yr body.....

... during winter holidays i have thermals on then my winter jacket and last i wld put my gloves on... cos its easier to take them out and snow doesnt get into the sleeves.... i dun put my rolex over the sleeve of my thick winter jacket... i'm not sure if u do.... but...

in any case, my point is under all that layers of insulation.... my rolex stays warm... my body stays warm.. and i dont get hypothermia within minutes of exposing myself to -20 degrees temperature....

my experience only la.....cos my chemistry c6.. but physics b3 many moons ago.......

Comment

Ha ha ha... no offence... we are here to discuss mah... no worries, bro...

You're quite right saying that the watch is protected by sleeves and also our body temp. I don't argue with you about that.

But I want to add one point is that, if you happen to go ski again in any near future, try this... use your tongue to touch any part of your rolex for a few minutes... and see what happen....
        lol....

erm.... i've never licked/tasted any of my watches my whole life....

i'm not gonna ask u if u did though....
        Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
        Submariner 16610LV 16613
        Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

remind me of one of those comedies.. kekek

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Ha ha ha... you're right... the movie dumb and dumber....

Basically, I believe your rolex will be below Zero degC and if you use your tongue to touch for a few minutes, it will stuck with your watch...
            Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            remind me of one of those comedies.. kekek

Comment

Ha ha ha... you're right... the movie dumb and dumber....

Basically, I believe your rolex will be below Zero degC and if you use your tongue to touch for a few minutes, it will stuck with your watch...

yes, but only if u leave yr watch out in the cold long enough for it to reach below freezing temperature... not when its warm and comfy on yr wrist...

if so easy to stick, then when u ski, yr wrist will stick to yr watch due to moisture from sweat and so will yr sides of the head to yr specs...

wat happens is the moisture on yr toungue wl get frozen rapidly and thats how yr tongue wl get stuck to any metal... watch or in the case of "dumb and dumber", the ski chairlift. but only if the metal temp is below freezing...

if it just has a little frost on the watch or just snowflakes while its been on yr wrist all this time... the warmth of yr toungue will overcome the cold and yr tongue will not stick...

paiseh to sound so technical....
              Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
              Submariner 16610LV 16613
              Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Yes, you guys are getting there now... I agree that the watch is worn on the wrist warm and comfy but ppl staying at cold countries do always expose their watches at sub zero conditions frequently. So I believe that Rolex is well-designed to stand the freezing test loh....

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
                yes, but only if u leave yr watch out in the cold long enough for it to reach below freezing temperature... not when its warm and comfy on yr wrist...

if so easy to stick, then when u ski, yr wrist will stick to yr watch due to moisture from sweat and so will yr sides of the head to yr specs...

wat happens is the moisture on yr toungue wl get frozen rapidly and thats how yr tongue wl get stuck to any metal... watch or in the case of "dumb and dumber", the ski chairlift. but only if the metal temp is below freezing...

if it just has a little frost on the watch or just snowflakes while its been on yr wrist all this time... the warmth of yr toungue will overcome the cold and yr tongue will not stick...

paiseh to sound so technical....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X