Scratches on your Rolex. Heartache or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on your Rolex. Heartache or not

It's an inevitable process to get scratched on our rolex over time. However, just want to find out if you guys really take good care to prevent scratches as much as possible and if ur heartaches when u find a new scratch on the brand new watch.

For me, I've given up trying to prevent scratches liao. Protected it like mad but still get scratches on it...
    sigpic
    SS Submariner 116610LN

'The World Is My Oyster'

Scratches are still ok. Try a ding.....found one on my case....hard to polish area, worse, no idea where it came from!

Comment

If you wear it like it's meant to be worn, scratches are inevitable. Your Sub is built to and can withstand a beating.

Scratches are part and parcel of your "journey" with your watch. Just wear it and enjoy it. But of course don't be deliberately rough with it or use it when doing rough activities.

You can always polish out your scratches when you service it.

Comment

I try not to knock my watches but will not overdo to protect it because yr watch is meant for daily use and not "burden" you. Let your watch serve you and not you serve your watch.

Having said that my Batman already has a scar on the sapphire crystal and also many scratches on the bracelet. I have not knocked it against anything before and wonder how the scratches got there. However they are part of my "journey" so I won't feel heart pain. Except for sapphire crystal, hairline scratches can be easily removed when you do overhaul or send your watch for polishing in future. However certain dings are not removable if too deep. My Breitling Chronomat was discovered with a ding on the crown when I sent it in for WR check last year, I did not replace it even though it cost only about $90. After all it is not visible from the naked eye and it's part of my "journey". The watch was gotten at Switzerland during my honeymoon so I want everything to remain intact as much as possible due to sentimental reasons.

So don't worry about it and let your watch go through the necessary "BMT".

Comment

Que sera sera......

Comment

Live With It & Be Merry

My clasp buckle for my beloved "Hulk" also had a distinctive scratch line after my 1st day of wearing. Heart pain like hell!

Luckily, bros in the forum gave valuable advises on this wear & tear issue.

Now I just to accept it as enjoy the watch whenever I wear it.

Cheers!

Comment

Best is to just wear ur watch and dont go look out for scratches cos as u look at it e more scratch u will find
              Current:
              Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
              Panerai 312N
              Panerai 233O
              Sevenfriday P1-2
              Sevenfriday M2-2
              Seiko SBBN015

Past:
              Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
              Panerai 005N
              Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

i used to feel the same heartpain when i get scratches.. but now im so numb to it.. i removed the protective stickers the moment i get the watch.. i even wear my half gold GMTc to work (working in maintenance).. but i would remove and keep in my pocket if i know its gona be a heavy work. i also request not to polish my watch when i sent for servicing. one thing..

Comment

Is it possible to polish the glass for a reasonable price?

Comment

Wear it proudly . Mines been dragged through mud , monsoons , hurricanes ( including a cat 5 hurricane ) put through all kinds of rough conditions had it in for routine service twice over the years . Wouldnt feel right without all the scratches to give it character . For all put it through still runs at +0.02 seconds day .

Comment

i thought sapphire glass is supposed to be scratch proof?

Comment

Its 9.0 on mohs scale . Can be scratched by another saphire , diamond , silicone carbide . Or under some conditions hitting it hard on another surface . With some effort can remove scratches using diamond paste .

Comment

Scratches on stainless steel still ok can polish.

It's the scratches on the gold rolexes that make me cringe...

So wear them for special occasions only to prevent any major hairlines.
                          Wishlist:
                          1. AP Grand Prix Carbon
                          2. Corum Bubble Skeleton
                          3. IWC Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar Rose Gold
                          4. Ulysses Nardin Freak Cruiser
                          5. Richard Mille RM 11 Rose Gold

(Dream only)

Comment

i guess fine hairline scratch cannot be preventable. When you wear your watch out, all the minute dust and sand stick onto the watch surface, when u wipe it, u scratch it unknowingly.

Comment

Originally posted by shima View Post
                              Scratches on stainless steel still ok can polish.

It's the scratches on the gold rolexes that make me cringe...

So wear them for special occasions only to prevent any major hairlines.

Yes scratches on gold is easy to happen. But we must train for No fear.
                              It cannot be just for special occasion
                              Its a daily affair for me

I wear my goldies for almost anything and everything.
                              Washing car, gardening, clearing trash, swimming, tennis, golf, playground and beach with kids etc...

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X