Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market Modification

Dear Rolex forum,

You may have come across pre-owned rolex pieces where superficial modifications have been done (e.g. add diamonds on dial, "blackened" casing) to achieve a particular look so as to enhance its uniqueness/value.

I would be interested to hear the opinions of everyone on such pieces - Would you buy such pieces -if Yes why? if Not why? Does that impact the timepiece's real value? What about authenticity - post-mod piece not matching with original papers?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's up to individual. It will affect when you want to sell away. As most preowned shop won't buy back if it's a modify piece.
    But to me, I had modify one of my rolex midsize to diamond
    Timepieces that I owned:
    Rolex Submariner 16613LB
    Rolex Datejust 68273
    Panerai 104
    Tissot T-Race Nicky Hayden 2013 Limited Edition

Comment

Apologized for posting halfway of my reply. As I accidentally hit the post.

Anyway to continue,
      I have modified one of my midsize rolex to a MOP diamond dial and a diamond bezel. After all, I liked it.
      Timepieces that I owned:
      Rolex Submariner 16613LB
      Rolex Datejust 68273
      Panerai 104
      Tissot T-Race Nicky Hayden 2013 Limited Edition

Comment

Ju87,

Good point. It only matters if you're selling it later. So better be sure it's for keeps.

Comment

for certain models such as 6694, i wont mind if there is a after market dial provided that it comes with an original dial at the point of purchase.

for datejust models, having after market dial and bezel is common, in fact some buyers go for after market dials.

for modern rolex sports models that comes with see through case back, i wouldn't mind provided that there is also the original case back.

i would stay clear of other types of modification on modern sports model.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have a Submariner which has my chinese name laser printed red on the dial.
            Also the second hand is dotted Red.

Its the coolest thing, and i wont sell it ever.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X