Rolex Centre -Ripoff -Pl advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
    the Charge of 107$ was clearly mentioned to me ...if i decide to decline the service quote and not have the dial replaced ..which was clearly not the intention of my visit...as i wanted the dial replaced . and no the quote of 3,800$ service fee was not advised when i was handing over the watch ..that call came 2 hours later . till before the call came i was under the impression that i would pay $700 for the dial and $190 for the glass ...thats it ....i was ok with that!

pl. understand the main issue is RSC refusal to change the dial unnless i agree to the overhauling the movement and replacing several parts also and this would cost me $3800 .

My simple submission to them is replace the dial ...and leave the movement alone as i cannot pay $3,800 for the service of an old rolex. but they say ..they will not replace the dial till ..untill i agree to get the whole movement overhauled ...this is a clear rip off
    Ok yeah agree with you that is really quite a ****ty situation to be in. They should have mentioned up front that there may be other parts needing to be replaced and they would not perform the dial change if you didn't opt to service the other parts as well, in which case you'd be charged the $107.

On another note, here in California the charge for a service estimate/quote or to authenticate a watch costs USD135! After tax probably closer to USD150.

Comment

Personally, I feel that the RSC should give their customers options whether to take up full servicing of their watches or not, instead of imposing it on them and refuse outright to provide repair/service according to their customers' needs.

As it is now, which I still find it ridiculously unreasonable, RSC makes it COMPULSORY to take in your old watch parts to replace new ones, and you still have to pay for it. And now they are doing this - to refuse a customer's request for partial repair/service to his/her own watch, unless this customer accedes to their offer of a $3,800 repair package?!

Yes it is good that RSC recommends what is a suitable/proper repair/service package based on their expert diagnosis of the watch conditions. But they should also provide flexibility on giving their customers the options of service/repair.

Don't most watch companies do? At least I know Breitling did, based on a few instances over some of my friends' Breitling watches when they approached the service centre for repairs.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

WOW, this is shocking. I'll be definitely more careful in dealing with them now.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sorry to know that you have such unpleasant encounter with RSC. Good thing you share it in the
          the forum.

Comment

I think this is a pretty standard RSC Singapore practise, once the watch is opened and inspected by technicians, $107 straightaway. Unless its under warranty. I'm not surprised that they will only replace parts if you decide to send it for an overhaul. This is so that you can't go back to RSC and blame them for anything else. For example, I change the crystal, and a couple months later complain that the watch is not waterproof, or complain the timing is off. RSC will take in a watch, and make sure it's in darn good working condition when they get it back to you.

There was once I lost one of the spring bars to my 16610 because I was using a NATO. Sent it in for a new set of spring bars. A while back because I change straps often one of the spring bars for my 1680 was a little bent and I wanted a new one. RSC told me that they'll only replace spring bars if I send it in for a full service. Lol. For spring bars, full service. Well that's the kind of nonsense that happens there.

I must agree that the customer experience at HK is much better. I didn't service my watch there but the quotes I got was half Singapore's price. And the staff there are way more friendly.

Comment

Standard practice..I just took in a 16710 from 2004 that I had just purchased in for a regulation as it was running very fast +30s per day, and also to have the very faded and scuffed bezel insert replaced.

I was told very clearly that they will need to open up the watch to do the regulation and IF their evaluation was that the watch was in bad shape, corroded etc, they will need to do a full service/repair, IF I chose to reject their evaluation and recommended course of action, they will return the watch to me in original condition and charge a $100 service fee anyway.

I was lucky that the watch case and movement was in decent condition and they managed to regulate the movement and swap in a new bezel insert for me. Full service recommended to be done soon but not critical.

I believe they usually state all the possible charges and outcomes up front. Perhaps in OP's case, there was some miscommunication ?

Comment

Originally posted by soogoobear View Post
                Did she mentioned the $107 before they accepted your watch for quote? You can report to CASE or call up her manager.
                I have been to both Rolex centres in Singapore and Hong Kong - worlds apart in service of reception staff! In HK, my Tudor Prince was treated like a king for a bezel change with no pressure to do servicing even after it was recommended during inspection. You get to choose what you want to be done without that 'Are you a Rolex person?' look. Would happily send my Rolex n Tudor watches to HK centre than to receive such unprofessional service in Singapore. BTW, cheaper too.
                bro. how to service in hkg? i heard the price is like 400++ sgd nia. RSC singapore doubled the service charges from $420 in 2007 to $920 in 2014.

service in hkg dunno need how long? else how to collect?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X