Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Centre -Ripoff -Pl advise

Hi

I own a vintage rolex datejust .I went to the rolex centre to get the dial changed and the glass replaced since it was already worn out. The lady at the counter took my watch and mentioned that she would come back with a quote .

and sure within 2 hours i got a call from Rolex centre advising me that they would be able to replace the dial for a sum of $700 and the glass for $170 , which i had anticipated and said ok. now what surprised me that the lady started to describe how bad the condition of my watch was (the watch was in fine working condition keeping time when i handed over the watch)and she mentioned that i have to shell out a sum of 3,800$ for servicing the case , replacing some parts etc. I laughed and mentioned that this watch is just for occasional use and i just need the dial and the glass replaced and i felt that servicing such an old watch for 4,000$ was just not worth it . To which the lady mentioned that in that case they will not be able to either replace the dial or the glass and i am welcome to collect my watch after making a payment of $107 !!!!

this to me was unfair ....the watch is my property and i chosse to keep it what ever condition i want to ...not sure what to do now . i actually need to replace the dial and the glass and keep the watch nice ...given that the watch is old i can get the basic oiling done from some local shop without getting ripped off like this

can you advise what should i do .

what is the model? Just take back the watch and find another dial n glass from preown shops

Comment

that is very unprofessional...if they have no confident to just change those stuff and keep the watch functioning, at least they should inform you and let you have the option to buy the parts and do outside...my opinion. You should go back and discuss with them about your stand.

Comment

as far i know Rolex always will not take any risk to remain bad condition of their watch when they hand over to customer, usually changing of dial and glass may not be issue but i'm sure there are reason why they wanted to overhaul the watch with such a big cost. they do not wish to return the watch and end up customer complain the watch condition was not good.

perhaps you may ask for more detail on why do they do so, for sure you still can have both dial and glass change without overhaul, but there are some agreement need to be clarify to avoid bad ending

Comment

Walao, like kenna rob.

Comment

Did she mentioned the $107 before they accepted your watch for quote? You can report to CASE or call up her manager.
            I have been to both Rolex centres in Singapore and Hong Kong - worlds apart in service of reception staff! In HK, my Tudor Prince was treated like a king for a bezel change with no pressure to do servicing even after it was recommended during inspection. You get to choose what you want to be done without that 'Are you a Rolex person?' look. Would happily send my Rolex n Tudor watches to HK centre than to receive such unprofessional service in Singapore. BTW, cheaper too.

Comment

They prob think you were trying to get it authenticated for free.

Comment

Just my opinion, this time Rolex centre is just too much.
                Why must pay 107 dollars!

For me, I'll just pay to get the watch back first, then report to CASE.
                107 is a small sum, th watch is an item of memories.

Comment

I have requested them to put their refusal to service in writing . The Watch is authentic and they and me are aware of the same . just that to replace the dial which is $700 they are putting a condition of more than $3000 service and part replacement which i dont need.

its a good idea to pay$107 get the watch back and get the refusal in writing . Then i plan to raise the same with CASE

As one of the bro mentioned , i found the service substandard ..the lady at the counter thogh courtious was loud as if she was talking to a village idiot ....

nevertheless..ROLEX is a beautiful brand .just that the service here sucks .....another idea is to raise it with Rolex directly

Comment

you mentioned that within 2 hours you got a call from RSC with a quote.

i recently visited RSC and a customer before me was standing next to me, was informed by the counter staff that a service fee of $107 would be charged if the watch was sent in for an appraisal of what needs to be done and customer decided not to go ahead with the servicing.

can you kindly advise if the RSC staff inform you that in an event of no servicing/parts replacement, you will be charged $107 before handing in over the RSC? considering that you mentioned that you left your watch in their care and they call you 2 hours later.

also RSC will advise the customer and print out a receipt indicating your particulars such as name and contact number and/or address with the estimate cost of servicing. it is strange that customer are allowed to leave their watches in RSC care without customer knowing the cost.

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
                    Hi
                    I own a vintage rolex datejust .I went to the rolex centre to get the dial changed and the glass replaced since it was already worn out. The lady at the counter took my watch and mentioned that she would come back with a quote .

and sure within 2 hours i got a call from Rolex centre advising me that they would be able to replace the dial for a sum of $700 and the glass for $170 , which i had anticipated and said ok.

Originally posted by soogoobear View Post
                    Did she mentioned the $107 before they accepted your watch for quote?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Well, thats RSC for you.......

Comment

im sure your watch is more then 2 years of the warranty. $107 will be surely be applied to whatever reason u give to them for checking or servicing.

Comment

the Charge of 107$ was clearly mentioned to me ...if i decide to decline the service quote and not have the dial replaced ..which was clearly not the intention of my visit...as i wanted the dial replaced . and no the quote of 3,800$ service fee was not advised when i was handing over the watch ..that call came 2 hours later . till before the call came i was under the impression that i would pay $700 for the dial and $190 for the glass ...thats it ....i was ok with that!

pl. understand the main issue is RSC refusal to change the dial unnless i agree to the overhauling the movement and replacing several parts also and this would cost me $3800 .

My simple submission to them is replace the dial ...and leave the movement alone as i cannot pay $3,800 for the service of an old rolex. but they say ..they will not replace the dial till ..untill i agree to get the whole movement overhauled ...this is a clear rip off

Comment

in that case, you can approach them and discuss with them to return the watch you without any cost for reason, you were not advise at the point in time when you send in the watch that the change of dial and glass requires you to do a servicing of the watch. since that was agreed upon, they will have to honor the part.

however, i understand from RSC perspective that they will not perform the dial/glass change unless a service is done because in an event customer's watch is damaged in any way after changing, customer will go back to them. RSC is unlikely to take the risk of putting a exclusion clause despite customer's agreement because in a case of dispute, it is will be lengthy process.

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
                            the Charge of 107$ was clearly mentioned to me ...if i decide to decline the service quote and not have the dial replaced ..which was clearly not the intention of my visit...as i wanted the dial replaced . and no the quote of 3,800$ service fee was not advised when i was handing over the watch ..that call came 2 hours later . till before the call came i was under the impression that i would pay $700 for the dial and $190 for the glass ...thats it ....i was ok with that!
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Its just like when i go to Stuttgart to replace my gas struts.

Its a 5min job to replace the struts so i ask if they could just quickly do it for me
                              The service tech then said once my car goes in, minimum labor charge will be $80.

I then proceeded to pay for the pair of gas struts $160 and did it myself within 10mins in the carpark. 5mins for removing old struts and puttingin new ones. 5 mins for cleaning up with wet wipes

All these big brands are damn KNN when it comes such things
                              So the moment you buy, beware.......
                              Luckily we can always take it elsewhere to get it done just as good.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X