wife vs Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atwee View Post
    Seems to me like many need to get approval from wife for buying Rolex. How come liddat wan ah?

At home, I am the "President", I don't need approval or advise on how I spend my money from my Wife.

IMO it all goes back to how you carry yourself during your dating days, if your are always asking for permission or approval "can I do this?" or "can I buy that?" from your then girlfriend until you marry them, then you have "signed up" for this and that is how it is going to be for the rest of your life.

I learnt a long time ago from an old timer you must "condition" your partner from day one to look up to you, then you are free to buy anything and do things with minimum fuss and it is the best advice I ever had on married life.

I am not saying you have to be a MCP at home, sure you should let them know what you buy and the reasons for doing so...but it is different from asking for permission.

Example if you ask for permission, woman will automatically think you are not sure if you are doing the right thing or have doubts about the issue.

Don't ask but just inform them why you are buying the item , let them know it is something you have considered, you have made provision for it...your plan B .. exit plan if you don't want it...

Keep doing this and after a while, your wife will trust and know that you know what you are doing... and your conversations will turn to other "non money approval" issues. It should be about what you are going to buy for them instead and that is something i am always happy to discuss
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Vinc04 View Post
      Let's face it bros, our wives are our CEO, CFO and CO... All commands and instructions followed are for the harmony of the family. Hahahhaha
      i do disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
        At home, I am the "President", I don't need approval or advise on how I spend my money from my Wife.

IMO it all goes back to how you carry yourself during your dating days, if your are always asking for permission or approval "can I do this?" or "can I buy that?" from your then girlfriend until you marry them, then you have "signed up" for this and that is how it is going to be for the rest of your life.

I learnt a long time ago from an old timer you must "condition" your partner from day one to look up to you, then you are free to buy anything and do things with minimum fuss and it is the best advice I ever had on married life.

I am not saying you have to be a MCP at home, sure you should let them know what you buy and the reasons for doing so...but it is different from asking for permission.

Example if you ask for permission, woman will automatically think you are not sure if you are doing the right thing or have doubts about the issue.

Don't ask but just inform them why you are buying the item , let them know it is something you have considered, you have made provision for it...your plan B .. exit plan if you don't want it...

Keep doing this and after a while, your wife will trust and know that you know what you are doing... and your conversations will turn to other "non money approval" issues. It should be about what you are going to buy for them instead and that is something i am always happy to discuss
        champion!

Comment

In my case, I own few watches, 2 pams, omega, seiko, and tag before marriage. I guess my watches attracted her that lead to marriage.
          Now, she is into watches too but only as far as Casio sheen and seiko. And she keeps telling me now and then to get my first Rolex. My reply as always... Nah...

Comment

Originally posted by buncil View Post
            In my case, I own few watches, 2 pams, omega, seiko, and tag before marriage. I guess my watches attracted her that lead to marriage.
            Now, she is into watches too but only as far as Casio sheen and seiko. And she keeps telling me now and then to get my first Rolex. My reply as always... Nah...
            Awesome wife! Treat her well bro!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Derick View Post
                If approval need to be obtained from relevant authourity,terms and conditions must be apply as follow :

1) *Buy her a bag.
                2) *Or/and buy her a pair of shoe.
                3) *Buy first and see enjoy the music.
                4) *Just buy and keep quiet.

and you will be able to obtained the in principle no objection.

Nb: * delete where applicable.
                Totally agreed!!!point no 1
                www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Comment

you are the "president" man

I am the "President",
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X