Get Ready for a price hike in the 2015 Price List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ready for a price hike in the 2015 Price List

As you may have already known that Swiss National Bank decide their currency peg is over, which jump start the CHF to strengthen by 20-30% against all currency. I wonder if Rolex being "Swiss Made" will also go up by as much.

heard the discount given is reduce to 8% before this exchange rate increase, after this then maybe no discount already.. Lucky i got mine just before all this.. blessing.. if any one have new price list maybe can share share..

Comment

don't think it will affect Rolex pricing.
      They can afford to make less profits

Comment

Rolexes snapped up in Singapore after Swiss franc appreciation

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...climb-20150120
        sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Well that escalated quickly!

Comment

Apparently no change in franc prices..... but S$ up lorry

Comment

Prices will jump, not just hike!

Singaporean leh !! Being KS is in our blood! straight away that weekend, folks snapped up their desired pieces. The ADs announced that they will have to adjust the prices accordingly once the Swiss' end increase their prices. So instead of a gently climb, we might see a steep one this time round! 10%? 15%? or 20%???

Comment

Abandoning the sinking EUR ship...

Originally posted by DayDreaming View Post
                heard the discount given is reduce to 8% before this exchange rate increase, after this then maybe no discount already.. Lucky i got mine just before all this.. blessing.. if any one have new price list maybe can share share..
                Yap, likely they will give lesser discount as a form of "increase" in prices for now, and subsequently an increase in the listed prices come next month!!

Damn, what were the Swiss thinking? Abandoning the sinking EUR ship? LOL...

Comment

If people "bo song" and start buying less rollie and other swiss time pieces, how would it affect the swiss watch industry???

Comment

Originally posted by patclay View Post
                    If people "bo song" and start buying less rollie and other swiss time pieces, how would it affect the swiss watch industry???
                    Rolex has a very strong branding and it might not affect them that much. Sure there will be people 'buay song' but it is not enough to hurt the whole industry.

Look at the car prices that went 'kee siao' over the past couple of years and look at the number of new cars on the road. That would be able to provide an indicaation that a hike of 20 percent, probably a thousand or two would not affect genuine buyers.

Therefore, I think those 'buay song' people may well be 'lan lan' and 'bo pian' to fork out that thousand or two to buy the watch that they want when want to buy lor.

Comment

I spoke to a salesperson at a AD shop, he claims that they are ordering inventories at normal price and no words or indication on price hike.

Comment

I heard from a friend, saying all Rolex watches sold out at stores?
                        or is it more likely that they keep all in safe and wait for actual price increase and sell higher base on new price?

Comment

Not trying to fuel any speculation here but I read in another forum that in Japan, they have increase by 8% already. I personally don't believe.....

Comment

Originally posted by micwee View Post
                            I heard from a friend, saying all Rolex watches sold out at stores?
                            or is it more likely that they keep all in safe and wait for actual price increase and sell higher base on new price?
                            Checked random stores of Hour Glass, Cortina and Dickson, indeed Sub sold out.

Comment

Only the Stainless Steel & those Entry Level are out. Plenty of stock for the Half Gold & Gold 😄
                              You Never Actually Own A Patek Philippe. You Merely Take Care Of It For The Next Generation.

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION:
                              2014 Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167/1A-001
                              2012 Rolex GMT II 116713LN Steel With Gold "G" SERIAL
                              2011 ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610LN Ceramic Bezel "V" SERIAL

HER'S:
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual (Stainless Steel) Black Dial with Diamond Markers
                              Rolex ladies datejust 69173 (Half-Gold) Blue Dial with Diamond Markers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X