Urgent advice neededue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice neededue

Hi guys, I need some input because I am getting very very confused.

I am buying my first ever rolex and am thinking of getting roles datejust 2 with rhodium diamond dials (116334). Retail price is $14540.

I been looking around and the best price I got was from Luxury Times, not Hourglass or Cortina. Luxury times offered me $10,990, which is 24% discount. They assured me this is first hand from overseas dealer and that the warranty will be dated on day of purchase for a period of 2 years. They also told me I can bring to rolex centre to check authenticity and warranty date. If anything is different, I can bring back for a refund.

The best offer I got from hourglass is only 15%.

My question is, is it safe for me to get from luxury times? is there something else I should be looking out for? I can't understand why such a big difference in discount.

I seek your opinion and advise pls.

Thank u in advance.

luxury time as in one of the forum advertiser?

discount given by authorized dealers are controlled.

for a peace of mind, i would suggest you bring it to RSC for authentication.

Originally posted by Ryan14 View Post
    Hi guys, I need some input because I am getting very very confused.

I am buying my first ever rolex and am thinking of getting roles datejust 2 with rhodium diamond dials (116334). Retail price is $14540.

I been looking around and the best price I got was from Luxury Times, not Hourglass or Cortina. Luxury times offered me $10,990, which is 24% discount. They assured me this is first hand from overseas dealer and that the warranty will be dated on day of purchase for a period of 2 years. They also told me I can bring to rolex centre to check authenticity and warranty date. If anything is different, I can bring back for a refund.

My question is, is it safe for me to get from luxury times? is there something else I should be looking out for? I can't understand why such a big difference in discount.

I seek your opinion and advise pls.

Thank u in advance.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

...I am buying my first ever rolex and am thinking of getting roles datejust 2 with rhodium diamond dials (116334). Retail price is $14540.

luxury time is not an official rolex AD.

your mileage may vary. you seem quite new to this. either get some sort of guarantee ("verification" at RSC - not fool proof but probably as good as you can make do for now) or just pay $1.5k more to get a peace of mind.

i (mostly) know what i'm doing, so i will be happy to buy from luxury time to save money. how much is a peaceful mind worth to you?
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thks bro. Yes I am new to this hence seeking advice. What else would you look out for? what kind of guarantee can I get from them?

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
          luxury time is not an official rolex AD.

your mileage may vary. you seem quite new to this. either get some sort of guarantee ("verification" at RSC - not fool proof but probably as good as you can make do for now) or just pay $1.5k more to get a peace of mind.

i (mostly) know what i'm doing, so i will be happy to buy from luxury time to save money. how much is a peaceful mind worth to you?
          Thks bro. Yes I am new to this hence seeking advice. What else would you look out for? what kind of guarantee can I get from them?

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            luxury time as in one of the forum advertiser?

discount given by authorized dealers are controlled.

for a peace of mind, i would suggest you bring it to RSC for authentication.
            Yup. But bringing to rsc is only after purchase right?

Comment

Also, why is rolex verification not full proof?

Comment

because RSC is not going to strip your watch down to go through each and every part. neither will they guarantee their verification work. it's more of a visual examination of the outside and what the eye can see. it's pretty much as good as it gets because you're paying $100, not $1,000 (the price of an overhaul where they take the whole thing apart).

i would recommend that you check the watch from luxury time is from the current alphanumeric batch... and comes with a current/latest style warranty card and box. again, this is no guarantee it is equivalent to buying the same day from an AD (i'm sure the watch goes through at least one middleman from overseas AD to you) but it's as good as it gets.

i have not dealt with luxury time before. i do not know what forms of guarantees they provide. although i doubt a business in this line with an actual store is trying to rip everyone off, i would assume once money has exchanged hands, they are absolved of (or at least, wants to be absolved from) much responsibility...

sure you still have the lemon law on your side, provided you can prove some sort of willful misconduct if anything untoward lurks in your watch.

looking at your questions, i recommend an AD or find and bring along a knowledgeable friend to LT. 10% premium for the AD experience on your first rolex purchase... many people prefer that.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X