Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob servicing question

Hi fellow experts

I have a question. If I have a 19 year old rolex that has never been serviced but in working condition, if I send it in to rsc and they think it needs an overhaul, will they change to the latest movmt?

More specifically if it's an explorer ii with the 3185 movmt, will they change to 3186?
    Also will they change the tritium dial and hands to the superluminova ones?

Any shifus can comment? Thanks.

Originally posted by wlover View Post
    I have a question. If I have a 19 year old rolex that has never been serviced but in working condition, if I send it in to rsc and they think it needs an overhaul, will they change to the latest movmt?
    no.

More specifically if it's an explorer ii with the 3185 movmt, will they change to 3186?
    no.

Also will they change the tritium dial and hands to the superluminova ones?
    yes, but at your cost. (it is not cheap) you do not get your old parts back.

cheaper to find a SL dial and hands, pay a 3rd party tech to swap it, then send it in for a full RSC service.

if you want a 3186, it is cheaper, on a whole, to buy an explorer with a 3186 than buy the dial, hands and try to get RSC to "upgrade" your movement during an overhaul. the cheapest exp2 is ~4k, dial and hands will be ~750, overhaul is ~1.250k... add them up and then see what you can afford.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thank you shifu

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X