ROLEX "official"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLEX "official"

Hi, just wondering and hope to discuss this.

For the discontinuation of any ROLEX models, maybe let's just put it decades ago. Has ROLEX ever come out to announce it officially the discontinuation of a particular model? Take the latest Seadweller (SD) for example. Was there any "official declaration/announcement" or stuff like that? Or, is there suppose to be an "unspoken rule/understanding" that as long as there is a 'birth' of a new model/design (like the Deepsea Seadweller - DSSD), people in this industry will naturally know that the older SD model is discontinued for good!

The Crown Of Achievement

me is hearsay as well as the new rolex catelogue under the sea dweller section only see peekture of the deep sea.

but then never hear official annoucement tho.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Ask rolex authorized dealer la. They r official rite?

Comment

Like what exxondus has mentioned, there is no offical release that SD is discontinued. The latest Rolex Magazine that I have gotten has no SD and GMTll. Instead they showed DSSD and GMTllC.

Just wondering if any of you heard they offically announce that GMTll discontinued if the answer is no then my bet is same goes for the SD
        Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

So far, they have never announced. They will juz took the model number off the listing, as u can see on their new booklet.
          Current

Rolex DSSD
          Rolex SD
          Pam 162
          Pam 351
          Tudor Hydronaut
          Fortis 24hrs Automatic
          Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

So it is always these "unofficial" rumours that the ADs used to increase prices? How do you then 'buy' into these "rumours" to pay a premium for the watch?

For example, you are waiting to buy an Explorer I and the ADs rumoured that it is "discontinuing" in the coming wks/mths. So instead of the usual 15% discount they normally gave, they are now selling it at list price (using the "rumours" as reason). Are you going to plunge into it? Say, you did and bought the watch at list price, only to realise a few mths later that the "rumours" aren't true. Then how?

I know this had been discussed previously but I want to see how you people will respond.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              So it is always these "unofficial" rumours that the ADs used to increase prices? How do you then 'buy' into these "rumours" to pay a premium for the watch?

For example, you are waiting to buy an Explorer I and the ADs rumoured that it is "discontinuing" in the coming wks/mths. So instead of the usual 15% discount they normally gave, they are now selling it at list price (using the "rumours" as reason). Are you going to plunge into it? Say, you did and bought the watch at list price, only to realise a few mths later that the "rumours" aren't true. Then how?

I know this had been discussed previously but I want to see how you people will respond.

tell the AD go fly kite and come sgroc look for preowned
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Well you can't actually say that because SD is 'discontinued', right? That was when the 'M' series SDs were widely rumoured to be discontinued until the 'V' series SDs appeared . Then rumour-rumour again, and the DSSD was produced. So who now dare say if SD die-die stop production at 'V' series :whistling?: ? What if...
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

for those who buy & forget its not heart pain. only those who buy for investments ...

see how the LV goes

Comment

the "investors" just need to keep flipping loh... short term loss but long term gain?

Comment

don know abt others, but imo, such mass produced watches (rolex included) will find it hardpressed to increase in value loh...

Comment

Hi,

Things that I need some clarification.

Will AD issue a certificate if I buy a 2nd hand Rolex from them??? The certification has to be an original certification from Rolex or it is an invoice written with the information of the model, serial number and series considered a certificate of the Rolex?

What if in the future I would like to sell my Rolex, will the so called invoice certificate be acceptable?

According to one AD, they do their own Rolex servicing and if let say we were to send to RSC, our warranty with the AD will be considered void. Is there such thing?

So how to know that this AD is selling a genuine Rolex?

Please help.....thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasyarah View Post
                          Hi,

Things that I need some clarification.

Will AD issue a certificate if I buy a 2nd hand Rolex from them??? The certification has to be an original certification from Rolex or it is an invoice written with the information of the model, serial number and series considered a certificate of the Rolex?

What if in the future I would like to sell my Rolex, will the so called invoice certificate be acceptable?

According to one AD, they do their own Rolex servicing and if let say we were to send to RSC, our warranty with the AD will be considered void. Is there such thing?

So how to know that this AD is selling a genuine Rolex?

Please help.....thanks in advance.
                          Is this a re-post? Thought I read this somewhere and responded today?
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X