Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sama sama

Originally posted by EugeneT View Post
    Funnily, unlike you, I actually like spotting Rolexes on other people's wrists, especially the vintage sport models which aren't as common as the modern sapphire ones.
    Same here... it is so so cool to spot another dude (or gal!) wearing a vintage Rolex. I do have the urge to ask them: why did they go for that particular model, what have they read about it, what or who influenced them to make that choice, etc

Comment

Start a new trend lah...

Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
      .. that i have only 2 wrists and limited financial resources to cheong more rolex.
      You may want to start a new trend of wearing two Rolexes on each hand, like what Che Guevara did ! that way, you can wear 4 at a go!

I will upload a picture of him wearing two Rolexes on this left if I can find that pic...

Comment

Actually I'm also quite sick of seeing some many rolexes everywhere. Throw a small pebble into a crowd, you might just damage a few rolexes. Hahaha

But if it ain't popular, will you guys buy?
        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
          Actually I'm also quite sick of seeing some many rolexes everywhere. Throw a small pebble into a crowd, you might just damage a few rolexes. Hahaha

But if it ain't popular, will you guys buy?
          That depends on what was the reason behind when a person bought one in the first place. Was it because it is popular? Was it because of the quality? the build? Or was it the history behind the vintage sport models that have intrigued us all and hence the love for Rolex?

Only you know I guess...

Comment

For me, i have been collecting rollies for more than 10 years,....Well, occassionally an omega or iwc sneaks into the collection,....plus a few casios.......But my mainstay have always been Rolexes......especially vintage ones.......

Regards to all, and a Happy New Year.....P.

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
              That depends on what was the reason behind when a person bought one in the first place. Was it because it is popular? Was it because of the quality? the build? Or was it the history behind the vintage sport models that have intrigued us all and hence the love for Rolex?

Only you know I guess...
              Yup I know and I know what u mean. Unfortunately there's more chaff than wheat.
              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Sick of Rolex? Hardly. I wear my 16014 with lots of story to tell and with lots of pride in any occasion.
                "Everyone wants a Rolex. If they say they are not interested, they must be lying." - Telepgm

Comment

Care to share some here??

Originally posted by telepgm View Post
                  Sick of Rolex? Hardly. I wear my 16014 with lots of story to tell and with lots of pride in any occasion.
                  VRF has someone started this thread recently on the stories to tell whilst wear your Rolex..

Cheesy and RA 21 stories are welcome too

Comment

Never sick of Rolex but always wishing for more moolahs to buy another one! My explorer 2 gets more wrist time than my pams! It's on my wrist when I travel!
                    Current Love
                    Pam 312
                    Pam 210
                    Pam 372
                    Pam 424

Comment

Well I do have preference to different models due to its size, material, dial layout and so on but not because someone else is wearing the same watch. I guess some models do get less interesting to look at after some time.

Comment

I have 3 Rollie's..... Kept only 1 Pam, 1 AP and 1 iwc. Just bought another Daytona..... After buy sell watches for 15 yrs, I only kept Rolex. My gmt2 is my workhorse that travels the world and even survive a 8 day ski trip last week in -10 degree conditions. I won't be able to fit a AP or Pam under my ski gloves but the oyster case fits perfectly.

Rolex is the most practical watch for all activities. Even my wife wears a sub to work... Despite many other watches she has. So yeah... Sick of Rolex after many years but no better substitute. Omega?? Not even close.

Comment

Can't agree more...

Originally posted by dezy View Post
                          I have 3 Rollie's..... Kept only 1 Pam, 1 AP and 1 iwc. Just bought another Daytona..... After buy sell watches for 15 yrs, I only kept Rolex. My gmt2 is my workhorse that travels the world and even survive a 8 day ski trip last week in -10 degree conditions. I won't be able to fit a AP or Pam under my ski gloves but the oyster case fits perfectly.

Rolex is the most practical watch for all activities. Even my wife wears a sub to work... Despite many other watches she has. So yeah... Sick of Rolex after many years but no better substitute. Omega?? Not even close.
                          Well said..

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                            Well said..
                            Just to add I have a sea master that fog up not even 0 degree condition... My gmt2 survive harsher conditions and keep its time without any damn issue for 15yrs From -10 to 35 degrees in thermal and pressure shock environment. Fyi, watch had never been service....

Try to do this on a Patek, Pam, AP in that same density ie oyster case size...... It'll crack. Lol.
                            Last edited by dezy; 06-01-15, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I'm lovin it...

Originally posted by dezy View Post
                              Just to add I have a sea master that fog up not even 0 degree condition... My gmt2 survive harsher conditions and keep its time without any damn issue for 15yrs From -10 to 35 degrees in thermal and pressure shock environment. Fyi, watch had never been service....

Try to do this on a Patek, Pam, AP in that same density ie oyster case size...... It'll crack. Lol.
                              Bro! You have just made me love the brand even more! thanks!!

Comment

wait for e next Basel World exhibition...confirm wont get sick of Rolex..

I only need a GMT and a Sub..nothing else..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X