No announcement yet.

Aren't you sick of Rolex watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh come on, Rolex mass produce their watches by the truckload in relative to other mainstream luxury Swiss watch brands. Besides, they are not that expensive to begin with, especially the Datejust and stainless steel sports models. It is unrealised to expect no one around you to own the same Rolex as you.

If you are really so affected about this, then be sure that you have a deep pocket and start looking at AP, PP, VC, Lange or perhaps RM.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
      I can totally sell out of any brands but never Rolex. At least must have one at anytime. It's quite timeless.

At TS rationale, people should also be sick of .....Mercedes, LV bags, Apple Iphone and starbucks coffee. Totally don't make sense to me.
      Rolex is in your blood bro.. you will never lose love for this brand!

Comment

x2

Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
        Strange that a person's tastes can be so influenced by other people. Sick of eating rice because even beggars, villains and those in jails eat them? Not for me, my Rolexes with stay and go on to my kids!
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by goldvision View Post
          Full gold diamond Rolex is the favourite of coffeeshop ah peks. I don't even dare to wear one even if it is given free. Why should I spend my money on it and make myself a laughing stock?
          Oh u sure?Den pls tell me which coffeeshop pls.I would like to take a look.

Also i dont mind if given free and be a laughing stock to the whole world.....
          Current:
          Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
          Panerai 312N
          Panerai 233O
          Sevenfriday P1-2
          Sevenfriday M2-2
          Seiko SBBN015

Past:
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
          Panerai 005N
          Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

Originally posted by foomeng3 View Post
            Oh u sure?Den pls tell me which coffeeshop pls.I would like to take a look.

Also i dont mind if given free and be a laughing stock to the whole world.....
            Count me in too if it's free k? LOL i want one too..

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
              Count me in too if it's free k? LOL i want one too..
              I wonder why is TS still in this forum if he is so sick of rolex watches.

Comment

Originally posted by pega View Post
                arent we all sick of rolex-bashers bashing rolex in a rolex forum?
                Originally posted by Damienic View Post
                I wonder why is TS still in this forum if he is so sick of rolex watches.
                Ha Bro, probably like what Pega said, a Rolex basher bashing Rolex on a Rolex Forum against Rolex hardcores? courting death? LOL

Comment

Be it a Datejust or Submariner, Rolex watches are everywhere.

You can spot Rolex watches on the hands of coffeeshop uncles, cleaner auntie, ah bengs, ah lians, Taka Jewellery Malaysian sales staffs, bank tellers, rotten gamblers etc. Can you talk about taste and exclusiveness with Rolex watches?

After my 3rd Rolex watch, I got really sick of the brand. I sold off all of those and vowed never to wear another one again.

Aren't you sick of Rolex watches?
                  So what do u buy now? panerai?

After all, Panerai got soooo many limited edition, boutique edition, OOR edition, special edition, only 500 to 800 or 1500 each alphabet series, got destro, pig dial, waffle dial, titanium, ceramic, pvd, dlc, 3 days, 5 days, 8 days, 10 days etc. Even though all look almost the same but they are actually different models u know!!! with some fanciful change of fonts, engineered patina, sausage dial, sandwich dial, logo or no logo but still very very rare and confirm no coffee shop uncles will wear!

Congrats on swearing of the ohh sooooo common rolex! Try panerai! U cfm will love it!!!! I have ONE too!!!!

Comment

the answer to your question is yes.
                    "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

I went to Courts yesterday and saw so many of Courts' salesmen wearing Rolex Submariner and GMT II watches.

Comment

I went to Courts yesterday and saw so many of Courts' salesmen wearing Rolex Submariner and GMT II watches.
                        I do believe its always the person who defines the item and not the item that defines the person.
                        So two people may wear the exact same model of watch yet each one will bring out his own flavor.

The distinction of a watch is not in the brand or price.
                        It is in the good times and bad times that the watch has functioned on its owners wrist.

I guess you only see it as a form of jewellery, a luxury item , a measure of your own material worth and therefore feel that wearing the same watch as someone else puts you in the same category of worth as them.

Dont worry you'll grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                          The distinction of a watch is not in the brand or price.
                          It is in the good times and bad times that the watch has functioned on its owners wrist.

I guess you only see it as a form of jewellery, a luxury item , a measure of your own material worth and therefore feel that wearing the same watch as someone else puts you in the same category of worth as them.

Dont worry you'll grow up.
                          I think you don't understand yourself well enough and you are trying to justify that you are right in wearing a Rolex. If you really mean what you have said, a Casio would be enough to serve your purpose.

I have many watches. I wear different watches on different occasions. I wear a $10 Schore watch from Bugis Street. I also wear a $50k watch. Sometimes I don't wear a watch and check my handphone for the time.

I know multi-millionaires and billionaires who wear Casio watches. These are the people who command my respect.

Comment

I think you don't understand yourself well enough and you are trying to justify that you are right in wearing a Rolex. If you really mean what you have said, a Casio would be enough to serve your purpose.

I have many watches. I wear different watches on different occasions. I wear a $10 Schore watch from Bugis Street. I also wear a $50k watch. Sometimes I don't wear a watch and check my handphone for the time.

I know multi-millionaires and billionaires who wear Casio watches. These are the people who command my respect.
                            Oh no no no, you misunderstood already. it isnt about Rolex or any other brand at all.
                            Thats why you see, there is no mention of brand in my post at all.
                            Theres also no justification nor explanation on what i wear or dont wear.
                            Doesnt mean that telling time is the only purpose it serves but neither is flashing it around the only purpose.

For that matter, what i am saying is that your $50k watch could also be worn by many SOBs whatever job or wealth they may hold.

Dont whack me please, i am one of those who cant afford a $50k watch in this lifetime.
                            Last edited by Trinidad; 18-07-14, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Why am I laughing so hard at this post...?
                              "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Wrist shot please!
                                The schore watch from bugis!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X