Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dilemma of getting a sports model but with a 5-6k budget

Hi Fellow Rolex Owners,

I need some help as i have a budget of 5-6k, not sure which sports model should i get.

I'm looking at GMT2 and Submariner but not sure if my budget will exceed. Or maybe i should save up more?

Thanks for reading !
    GMT2
    15.38%
    Sub
    61.54%
    Kermit
    23.08%

Hi, you can look at the pre-owed Subs & GMTs on the sales thread to get a feel of the market rate, and what your budget can get you

Comment

just FYI... you can get the previous generation of watches, but unlikely to get a current gen one. so if it's the latest models you're looking for, keep saving until you've got about 8-9k.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        just FYI... you can get the previous generation of watches, but unlikely to get a current gen one. so if it's the latest models you're looking for, keep saving until you've got about 8-9k.
        Previous generation like 200x-200x model? With 5-6k am i able to get with chapter ring, full set?

Thanks for reply!

Comment

Are u looking at watches without date?
          5-6k possible for submariner without date
          I guess for 16610 u need abt 6-6.5k?
          116610 need abt 9-10k probably for a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Joto View Post
            Previous generation like 200x-200x model? With 5-6k am i able to get with chapter ring, full set?

Thanks for reply!
            to make it brief and short:

previous generation model numbers 1xxxxx. eg, 16600

current generation model numbers 11xxxxx. eg, 116600

you can get previous generation watches that are as recent as 2012/2013.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

what is the price of a 2nd hand green sub with chapter ring now? is the model name 116610 LV if not please enlighten me thanks alot!

Comment

if u r looking at the ceramic green hulk 116610 lv, u will be lucky to land 1 at about mid 9K.....

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
                  if u r looking at the ceramic green hulk 116610 lv, u will be lucky to land 1 at about mid 9K.....
                  Hi, thanks for the reply. what about Green + (inside black) sub? how much would that cost?

Comment

kermit used to hover around mid 7 to 8k plus......but their prices seem to be shooting up suddenly.......dunno why.....

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
                      kermit used to hover around mid 7 to 8k plus......but their prices seem to be shooting up suddenly.......dunno why.....
                      Oh.. i intend to get 1.. but my my budget is 7k. or maybe i should aim for GMT 2? i don't wan black submariner or gmt2 lol.

Comment

A quinessential 16610 sub or 16600 seadweller may be a better choice than the newer models on a dollar for dollar comparison.

I still find the previous 5digit model Rolexes nicer than the newer supercased ones.
                        Guess i'm old school.

You can also consider pepsi gmt vintage for around $6k+
                        Much more character than new ones.

Also dont overlook, vintage Tudor subs. They are full of character, hardy and durable and fit very nicely in your budget with spare change.

Good luck in your search

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                          A quinessential 16610 sub or 16600 seadweller may be a better choice than the newer models on a dollar for dollar comparison.

I still find the previous 5digit model Rolexes nicer than the newer supercased ones.
                          Guess i'm old school.

You can also consider pepsi gmt vintage for around $6k+
                          Much more character than new ones.

Also dont overlook, vintage Tudor subs. They are full of character, hardy and durable and fit very nicely in your budget with spare change.

Good luck in your search

Hi there, thanks for the reply. Will take note of it!

im looking for 16610 Kermit hopefully i can get it around my budget

Comment

16610lv kermit prices are high now since their a 50th anniversary edition... and i doubt you can get one within 5k to 6k in good condition bro...
                            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                            Rolex ladies datejust
                            vintage Cartier tank 18k
                            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

The most value for money Rolex sports is an Explorer2

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X