Rolex Bracelet Sizing Kit & Sizing Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Bracelet Sizing Kit & Sizing Guide

I just obtained a Rolex Bracelet Sizing Kit and did a mini review at http://www.minus4plus6.com/bracelet_kit.htm

I also posted scans of the Rolex Bracelet Sizing Booklet -probably the closest set of directions on bracelet sizing from Rolex and made it into a 10mb .pdf download

Errors, omissions, and typos are mine so feel free to point them out.

Cheers,

-Sheldon
    â™›

thanks sheldon. your website's always informative...!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thank you Sheldon!

Comment

Great share, Sheldon! Many here will benefit from this information.

Comment

more importantly where to get the resizing kit?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Useful guide

I just used a 1.4mm screwdriver from daiso to resize my sub bracelet 2 weeks back, was swapping the half link from 12 oclock side to 6 oclock side.. luckily no scratch..

Comment

It's pops up from time to time on the sales forums. Look on the sales forums from day to day, and one will pop up.

-Sheldon

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                more importantly where to get the resizing kit?
                search TRF accessories FS forum.

PM the guy who sells it - he gets them from time to time. note this version doesn't come with replacement spring bars and spare link screws.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  search TRF accessories FS forum.

PM the guy who sells it - he gets them from time to time. note this version doesn't come with replacement spring bars and spare link screws.

I had just managed to secured the last unit of this kit from the same guy. Btw, does any version of this rolex resizing kit comes with the replacement spring bars and spare links? Hope you can enlighten us as it'll be good if I could get my hands on some original spring bars and link screws as spares. Thanks mate.

Comment

Mine did not have spare links or spring bars. FWIW, I did not see a place in the kit where to store them so I am not positive that the kit normally includes those pieces. The manual does not make reference to them.

The only place to get links / spring bars is from a Rolex certified watchmaker who has a Rolex parts account. Springbars come in packs of five, and are cross-referenced to specific watch models; Rolex spring bars are not the same, so be sure to have the watchmaker look in the parts book for the correct spring bar part number for your watch.

-Sheldon

Comment

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for sharing your insights on the spring bars. Haaa... so it is not easy as it seems to get hold of spare original units. As for the spare blades in the kit, it seems that the kit only comes with 1 spare blade for each size. Any idea where we could procure more spare blades? The blades in the kit all had a tapered end and is different from the usual Bergeon ones.

Comment

Yes, I believe they are called scooped, hollow tip ends. I purchased a SwissTec from Jules Borel (1.6mm) that also fit perfectly, and they have spare blades that will fit. With the Rolex kit, being that the screwdrivers are Bergeon, most likely you can order replacement blades from Bergeon (or OFrei or Jules Borel).

-Sheldon

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post
                          Yes, I believe they are called scooped, hollow tip ends. I purchased a SwissTec from Jules Borel (1.6mm) that also fit perfectly, and they have spare blades that will fit. With the Rolex kit, being that the screwdrivers are Bergeon, most likely you can order replacement blades from Bergeon (or OFrei or Jules Borel).

-Sheldon
                          Hi Sheldon, thanks for your kind advice. As for the spare bergeon hallow tip end blades, I can't seem to find these blades anywhere... Not even on bergeon's own database. I wonder if bergeon had made these blades specially for rolex.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post

-Sheldon
                            Hi Sheldon, from Jules borel's website, I can't seems to find swisstec brand of screwdriver. Only ones I've seen are those from bergeon and horotec. Do you still happen to have the URL link? If so, I'll appreciate if you could kindly advice. Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X