No announcement yet.

went swiss Amsterdam paris... rolex not cheaper, dun understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangely, a colleague of mine came back from Europe recently and gotten a Gmt, mentioned that its 30% than singapore. Wth.
    Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
    Tag Heuer Formula 1
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
    Rolex GMT II 16710
    Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
      Strangely, a colleague of mine came back from Europe recently and gotten a Gmt, mentioned that its 30% than singapore. Wth.
      30% than?! More or less??

Which country? Which AD?

Comment

Originally posted by st11_mini View Post
        30% than?! More or less??

Which country? Which AD?
        30% less, didnt bother to ask more..lol..

since i am looking at non rolex watch when i am in europe later this year.

but according to praha335ci, its seem possible.

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/5...-Europe/page38
        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
        Tag Heuer Formula 1
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
        Rolex GMT II 16710
        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
          Agree with styleman for brand new Rolex, HK is the cheapest in the world!

I was in europe last year, milan, zurich all the Rollies there more ex than Singapore.
          Can please advise on which AD to get from HK? Going there next month. Thanks!

Comment

thanks for the info bro..

Originally posted by chronomat01le View Post
            Generally the above are all correct. Buying watches in Switzerland or abroad is more of buying "momentos". The only exception is for new models which are selling at premium prices in Singapore. Even if you are willing to pay for them, they might not have stocks on hand but you can find a couple of them in Switzerland. You gotta calculate yr exchange rate and compare which is cheaper. So far my experience is that their retail prices are a little cheaper especially in Switzerland. However if you pay via credit card, the charges might cause you to end up paying more, not forgetting that price control is stricter there and you can get better discounts in Singapore if you have good relationship with the AD. As mentioned the only exception is for new models since you will have tax refund overseas. For Switzerland, one advantage is that you pay the net amount after deducting tax, unlike other countries where you have to pay full amount before tax, which later the tax amount will be refunded to yr credit card, which will cause you to incur charges 2 times and increase your net purchase price. It must be noted however that other Europe countries have higher tax rebate than Switzerland. So end up for the purchase price might be almost the same.

Whichever the case, gotta do a bit of homework before going overseas. Personally I like buying watches overseas as I buy them as momentos for my trips. As long as I am paying a reasonable price I will be happy. I bought my Batman last Oct at Switzerland and after conversion is about $10,900 without taking my credit card rebates into consideration. Although many might have bought it at a lower price than me, I feel it's ok because the retail price in Singapore is $11,670 and to enjoy about 5% discount for a sports model is reasonable for me.

I guess Rolex wants their prices to be controlled and standard regardless of countries, however Asian countries "spoil market" because I believe they are more hungry for business.

Comment

Originally posted by ohl View Post
              Can please advise on which AD to get from HK? Going there next month. Thanks!
              Most HKG ADs are slightly cheaper but nothng to loud about...unless you are regular or VIP/VVIP customer.

Disc can be subtantial...anyway it's tax-free

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X